Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm becoming discouraged ):

Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

Most of my tnr's have cam undone. They were nice and everything when I re-did them a week ago and I had washed the twice since, but today they're just terrible. It's only in the back though. All the ones on top at least. The ones underneath have locked and kept in their sections. The sides have kept in their sections too, but they have the illusion of just normal hair that looks unwashed. My hair is clean for sure. The only time they look like legit dreads is when they have beads in them, but I don't want to have to wear beads in all of my dreads. I don't have any beads that fit on those dreads; too big or too small.Iseparatethem all the time so they don't congo. I think if Iseparateall my hair in the back and put beads on them, I'm thinking it will be okay. I've just been becoming more discouraged each time they come undone. I haven't taken any out though. I would like advice on what to do so I'm not so discouraged D:

Also, my dreads are 7 weeks old this Saturday.

updated by @jessica-ann-hughes: 01/13/15 09:04:25PM
Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts
7 weeks isn't that long. Mine were also totally coming apart at 2 months. At month 3 they started to speed up and locking up. Right now I'm at week 15 they're suddenly becoming ticker and fuller, looping and swallowing the loose hair. I also felt really discouraged when they were coming apart and everyone was telling me that my hair is a mess. I guess just wait, everything will speed up soon enough and then u'll feel excited about it.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
make sure you aren't separating too much. i did that in the beginning and was basically undoing progress. your not going to get a congo over night. get some beads and add them to the sections that fell apart or ones that your worried about and then just leave them be. go about your life and forget that you have hair. {{hugs to you}}
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts
I exaggerated there when saying Iseparatedall the time. I kind of what to know why only the back ones on top are coming undone.The ones on the bottom/underneath are fabulous and locked together amazingly for their age. They feel and look like a few month old dreads which is surprising to me. I'll put beads in my hair right now, though. I'm hoping things work with the beads.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
they are doing fine but theres 1 simple fact...they have a mind of their own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form