Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separating dreads?

Hanna Pritchett
@hanna-pritchett
13 years ago
4 posts

I have had my dreads for only 3 months, but they are really starting to bug me. The back dreads are all combining into one at the roots and it is becoming really painful, like when I flip my head over or pull them back in a hair tie. What can I do to keep these dreads separated? I tried rubber bands, but that did not work.

updated by @hanna-pritchett: 01/13/15 09:03:16PM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I had this prob too for a bit, beads can help as well as seperating at the root rather than just pulling 2 dreads apart, I took a couple days and just started doing it dry, then wet, then dry etc...I'm not gonna lie I used some scissors on rare occassion when I just could not pull them apart no matter what...I DO NOT suggest doing this but it worked for me with little or no ill effects that I've noticed as of yet.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nooo rubber bands just seperate them often read the ripping poppinf seperarting guide in the links to the left

u just gotta seperate often thats all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
PS the scissors I used was only on like a couple peices of hair that were eaten not like splitting a whole dread!
Hanna Pritchett
@hanna-pritchett
13 years ago
4 posts
I read the ripping, popping, and separating guide. I am ripping them apart right now! Then I am going to try to put a few beads in.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form