Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Taking out my babies :( it'll be bitter sweet

spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

Anyone experienced taking out dread babies?

What tips, tricks, advise should I know before beginning to take em' out?

I'm only almost 4 months in, and my hair is pretty knotted up, I'm thinking conditioner and very easy brushing from tip to root. Any experiences & all opinions are greatly appreciated :D Take care & peace

updated by @spiritbeing: 02/14/15 10:46:45AM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Soak them in olive oil. Use lots of conditioner. It will feel slimy and gross but it will help loosen up the knots. Start at the tips and work your way up. It is a lot of work.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
If you don't mind me asking Spirit...why? Are you ok? Did something happen? It is your own business...just sending you love and concern :) Peace sister <3
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh nooo why are you takimg them out?

please dont

but yea u got the right idea lots of conditioners

be gentle

takes awhile

nut why would u take them out lets talk 1st hopefuly we can talk u ouit of it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

Thank you everyone for helping!! Thank you taye, appreciate it!

Thank you Panterra, for asking, all is well & I want to go alll natural on my journey, with doing less maintenance as possible. I would like to take these baby dreads out & start over, start where i absolutely do nothing but just min maintenance to prevent congos..

Thank you SE!! Yes I wish to take them out & start anew :D

PEACE & Love to everyone & really appreciate it : )

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Don't freak out when you notice a whole lot of hair in your lap. We shed as much as 100 hairs a day, and those shed hairs get caught up in the dreads. So when you end up with a big ball of hair, it does not mean that your hair was damaged or falling out. Good luck with it. and remember you don't have to comb them out all at one time. With as much hair as you have I would spend a week just doing a few a night til they are all out. Don't want a sore scalp and arms!
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts
thank you Taye! :)! Good to know & think about, I was going to be dedicated and get em' all out, haha. Yes I'm not anxious to see the loose hairs & all, have not missed those ..lol Thanks so much, very kind & lovely spirit : )
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oghhh ok i was thinking you were giving up on dreading but i knew u hadto drad theyre in your soul

take your time do 1 at a time

u may find they start to dread b4 u even get the last 1 out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts
Thank you se for your kind words & help! I will be sure to take my time & not rush :) I'll be excited to see my hair accepting the journey again.Take care & peace
Dion Pyle
@dion-pyle
13 years ago
5 posts
The loose hairs and constant brushing and running my fingers through it to untangle stuff is PART of the reason why I am dreading my hair. hehe Definitely WONT be missing that. That is interesting to note that all of the shed hair stays in the dreads. What percentage of a dread would you say is shed hair?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form