Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Jobs or professions?

jordan moore
@jordan-moore
13 years ago
11 posts
Hey I just recently turned 18 and I've been out applying at jobs but it seems like no one takes me serious because of my dreads. What's a job you deadheads have? Also what is a college profession that would be good for deadheads. I wanted to be a automotive technician but lately I've been discouraged by my hair and don't know what job will accept me in the future.
updated by @jordan-moore: 01/13/15 09:02:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

be qualified for the job and you will get it act like you dont have dreads and they diont matter

ppl here have all sorts of jobs preists drs law offices ceos u are unlimmited except by the failing economy best advice..learn to live without needing money cause as the economy fails all the money u work for willbe useless

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jordan moore
@jordan-moore
13 years ago
11 posts
Yea dreadheads my iPod autocorrected that :) I'm realizing now that it will be more of a challenge getting a job. Everyones telling me to cut my hair but ive put to much time and effort to just give up now. So what would be a good high schooler minimum wage job?

fancyAmanda said:

Don't you mean "dreadheads"? ;)

We all know that dreads don't make a person unqualified for a position, but unfortunately not all employers see it that way. I don't see how you could get turned down to be an automotive tech... unless you have no experience?

As far as college goes... with this economy it may be in your best interest to go for a degree. You can at least start taking some basic courses to get yourself started. I just recently graduated with a Bachelors in Communications. I work in an office setting, host events, interact with people all day long... my hair has never been a problem. But you have to have an impressive resume, and present yourself confidently. The honest truth is you may have to fight just a little bit harder because of your hair.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form