Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ends "fusing" together. Help?

Contessa B
@contessa-b
13 years ago
4 posts

I always had hair that would "dread" overnight on the back part of my head. I'd spend five minutes in the shower dousing in heavy conditioner and combing them out. I assumed that my hair would dread up very quickly and I was sort of right....My hair dreads well...too well?

The problem that I'm having is that every night the tips of many, many dreads are almost fusing together to the point where it's terribly hard to separate them. I'm talking one from the front of the head fusing to one in the back on the other side. It's strange. Big dread rainbow thing over my head when i pull one up.

Not just that but I also have pretty massive clumps of dreads around the base of my neck that have to be separated every morning.

My hair has naturally dreaded up everywhere but I still look there's just a huge puffball on my head because every day, whenever I have a second, I'm separating locks (almost half of them) and they get even more puffy from that and I'm basically fighting progress each day.

I'm not in a big hurry for my dreads to look "presentable" but I would like some suggestions if you've gone through this.

updated by @contessa-b: 01/13/15 09:02:04PM
Contessa B
@contessa-b
13 years ago
4 posts
I'd like to add that I've kept the front of my hair out of the dreads and I don't have to separate them anymore, They stay where they belong. I guess the dreads in the front decided to stop fighting me. Is it just a waiting game for this to happen to the rest of my hair?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

how old r they u just might hafta fight em awhile

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Contessa B
@contessa-b
13 years ago
4 posts

Yeah, thanks! Dread web sounds exactly right. They are only around 5 months and I think have progressed super fast. I will continue to fight the fight.

I am so glad I went natural. All my dreads are different shapes and sizes and you're right about getting acquainted. I only have one tiny mirror in my house so it's hard to see what they look like, but I know them all...especially those strange ones that have folded in half.

It's very hard to get those fused ends apart everyday. I have to take them apart almost completely, hair by hair. I will try a little bit of coconut oil.

Thanks for your help everyone!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts
olive oil maybe a better option

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form