Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How many dreadies does everyone have?

Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

I was just wondering because I know everyone has different sized dreads. Mine are about medium sized(?) but I'm not done dreading all of my hair. I have four on one side and one on the other. The one side with four isn't done at all. Neither the other. I want a...goal I guess you would say. I'm paranoid about not haing a whole lot of dreads or having too many uber tiny ones.

Another thing is my fringe/bangs (I'm not from the UK. haha!) I don't knwo whether to dread them in or keep a little fringe. Maybe I'm thinking too much about it. I'm absolutely committed to dreadlocks.

P.S. ~ I already have my two favourite dreads :3

updated by @jessica-ann-hughes: 01/13/15 09:01:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

had over 200 i think at 1 point always got lost tryin to count so never got an acurate count

stopped seperating 3 years ago so as many as 6 joined into 1 all over so i had like 56 roots 89 tips got baby dreads pop up constantly some congo some sont so i dunno the number changes practicly every week

i would not let sections get over an inch

wouldny want under 20 either

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i think it really comes down to hair type (thick, thin, fine, course). one persons 20 dreadlocks can look totally fine but on someone with thicker hair they will look huge. just stick to the 1" average measurement like se said and im sure it'll be fine.
mea
@mea
13 years ago
23 posts
I've got about 55 and they are on the thinner side of medium. :)
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

Right now I'm leaving myfringe out. Most people pin them back, so I'll end up doing that. My fringe get's more oily the fastest so if anyone has any addvice on just washing the fringe since my dreads are still babies? Also, since my dreads are all made, when should be the first time I wash them? I know every other week or once a week (depending on your hair), but when should be the FIRST time?

Thanks you all(:

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

I have around 30 dreads. I also have about 6 babies that have formed one to four inches of knots at the roots with about 5 to 10 inches of loose hair that is still undreaded hanging loose from the tips. My babies usually just grow into a neighbor but these are gonna be individual dreads. I am keeping them separated. I had bangs before i dreaded. So when i decided to start my journey i let my bangs dread too. I had one short dread that hung down the middle of my forehead for the first year or so lol. It looked kinda goofy. Wore a lot of scarves and head bands to keep it out of my face. Eventually it grew long enough to put behind my ear.

You should wash your hair at least once a week. I usually wash mine 1 to 2 times a week. Sometimes in the coldest part of winter i stretch that out. I have an old house with very little heat! But depending on how oily your hair is, washing 1 to 3 times a week is recommended.

I would suggest just wetting your bangs in the sink putting a little shampoo on your fingers and just washing and rinsing your bangs under the sink faucet whenever they get oily.

cody1886
@cody1886
13 years ago
97 posts
I have 81 and their about pencil thick... I love them I figured if I wan to go fatter I can always do so but it would be next to imposible to go skinnier so I started out skinny just invade
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts
I have around 17 right now, but I will seperate one or two into two seperate ones. Once I got to the back, I just stopped crocheting as much because They were just gonna do what they want anyways. I love them all the same though(:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form