dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aloe vera gel question :)

Gene Hart
@gene-hart
13 years ago
10 posts

i read somewhere that buying aloe vera gel in bottlescan be bad? :S

ive just bought this http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/fruit-of-the-earth-aloe-vera-100-gel-p5876.html?utm_source=sfeed&utm_medium=google&utm_term=Fruit-Of-The-Earth-Aloe-Vera-100%-Gel&utm_campaign=main

will that be ok for my dreads? or do i really need to get a plant?

and at first i thought you washed your hair withaloe veraxD

but how do you exactly use it? ive started dreading yet but i will soon...

do you apply it to all the dreads like everyday? do you apply it to the scalp?

i just want to know what exactly i do with it... so many questions for dreads!thank you

updated by @gene-hart: 01/13/15 09:01:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nope thats no good u want no ingrediebnts but aloe u want it food grade so u can drink it

no you dont apply it every day or wash with it or u wont have dreads

its conditioning

uses of aloe 1st off its not nesacary u never need it but it can be used if used with care to:

1 condition mature dreads when needed (or african dreads can use it all the time)

2 tidy up lose hairs when you really need it like a wedding or job interview

but

its conditioing eventho it dries and pulls hairs in making it look more dreaded at the time using more then when u really have to can slow progres alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Armando Acero
@armando-acero
12 years ago
3 posts
I am also looking to use some aloe vera in my dreads for occassions and to possibly soften what are currently tight dreads. And i was wondering if this was what i should use in my hair.

http://www.google.com/m/products/detail?gl=us&client=ms-android...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

that 1 does =look ok the peroxide maybe id=ffy but if its just a tiny ammount its probly fine yea id say thats worth trying

Armando Acero said:

I am also looking to use some aloe vera in my dreads for occassions and to possibly soften what are currently tight dreads. And i was wondering if this was what i should use in my hair.

http://www.google.com/m/products/detail?gl=us&client=ms-android...

--
Armando Acero
@armando-acero
12 years ago
3 posts
Thanks. I was also wondering if using some of that in a hot water soak would help soften my locks because they are a bit stiff. And if not, what would?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why are they stiff crochet wax or just dryness

if dru[pyness aloes wonders=fukl

--
Armando Acero
@armando-acero
12 years ago
3 posts
Y

soaring eagle said:

why are they stiff crochet wax or just dryness

if dru[pyness aloes wonders=fukl

they are stiff from my backcombing and very little crochet for blunt tips. I was wondering what kind of ingredients i should include in a soak to generate softer, fluffier dreads
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

aloe also works so well for itchy scalp. If you are only a day away from your set washing schedule and your scalp is itching to no end driving you crazy, dab your finger in some aloe and apply it to the spot of itchyness.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form