Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Rubberbands???

Heather2
@heather2
13 years ago
3 posts
Hi- I am just beginning my journey in a bit of an alternative way. I am trying to maintain 3 dreads and keep the rest of my hair normal. I have had them for 2 weeks and one is setting nice but the other two are struggling a bit. I have them rubberbanded on the top and am tempted to cut the bands off. I have heard they help but they seem more of an annoyance. As I mentioned I have the rest of my hair unknotty and am concerned it may tangle without bands. Anybody have pros or cons of banding them?
updated by @heather2: 01/13/15 09:00:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

no rubber bands are very bad take em all out but u also got to start over get tev wax out start right wax free send back thve gel u want no products at all..

bands

restrict movement

melt into dreads

dry rot

get swallowed so u never get em out

removing em undoes knots

cause thin weak spots

just bad idea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather2
@heather2
13 years ago
3 posts
Thank You for the quick feedback. After my experience I much agree about the professional route! They were waxed at the salon (a bit too much!) and I have waxed one time since (a very small amount). I am hesitant to start over but will take the advice on removing the bands, wettingand avoiding further product. When she was waxing me I asked about oils... rosemary,tea tree etc. she scolded me! I believe in holisic and guess my trust in her obscene price made me sway my intuition. Thanks for the advice and I will post my babydreads when able to find a camera. Besides 'do my whole head' do you have advice/knowledge ofways tomaintain just a few?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

oils are great for dreads and scalp who was this crazy chick thatr betseh psycho? scolding for using nature but using wax?

u want to do agressive wax removal id demand my money back in fact

after the wax is gone just let em dread

rest of head go natural dont backcomb!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather2
@heather2
13 years ago
3 posts
Got the bands out aaaaahhhh... sigh of relief. I like random and the adversity + #3makes me smile:) Thank you much for your feedback. I will keep my progress updated.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form