Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What should i do? i have to go to court on Oct. 8

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
if they even mention your dreads say something like:my dreads are a committment to myself to live a better more spiritual life. when i was young i did stupid things i regret and now im trying to live a life more focused on doing whats rightmy dreads are a constant reminder to do only good for muyself and the communityive made a commitment to myself not to go back and screw up again, and if i do i wont be worthy to wear my dreads so they will be cut and started over with a renewed commitment to stay on the right pathsomething like that will make the dreads seem like a most possitive thing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 05:12:00PM
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I faced possession charges a few years back and everyone was telling me the same thing just about long hair. Really though it makes little difference. The judge will already have his mind made up about you before you even go into the courtroom. Doesn't matter what you look like.Think of it like this:Our physical appearance is what we choose for ourselves in everyday life. What we do with our bodies is how we choose to represent ourselves in our lives. However, the way in which we choose to present ourselves is dependent upon the indivdual situation. It reflects our perception of whatever situation we are in. Therefore most people are not nearly as offended at your hair as they are in the way you present yourself in the current situation.Wear something sharp, keep your hair neat. Speak intelligently and be polite. If you show the judge that you understand the seriousness of this situation and (pretend to) respect him he will not do anything differently than he would if you had hair like everyone else.What is worse. A dread with a sharp suit, neat hair, and a tactful manner? Or a short hair clean shaven guy who shows up in a t shirt and sneakers and is openly disrespectful?MOST IMPORTANTLY: The more you think about your hair, the more attention you will draw to it with your subtle body language. If you don't think about it, he won't consider at. Thats a fact of human psychology and energetic attraction.Good Luck brother,And you may find it a blessing to lay off the pipe for a while. Get some of that tar out of your chest. Nick G. said:
thanks for the support guys. im not sure if i should say exactly what i did. im under 18 and i was charged with possession of stolen goods (apparently its a felony) i did stupid shit and now im payin for it. i dont think i can tie them back, are they long enough? my dad actually doesnt know about my decision to dread, he is very conservative. where can i buy some aloe to keep my hair from bein frizzy. =( ima be on probation for a long while, ima have to stop smokin for a long time...
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
thx =) i feel alot better now, i went to the beach and just went into the water all the way. then i sat and admired the ocean while my dreads dried. haha and also, Didjedurajan it prolly will do me some good to lay off the pipe a bit but first i have to get rid of the evidence =] Didjeridurian said:
I faced possession charges a few years back and everyone was telling me the same thing just about long hair. Really though it makes little difference. The judge will already have his mind made up about you before you even go into the courtroom. Doesn't matter what you look like.
Think of it like this:
Our physical appearance is what we choose for ourselves in everyday life. What we do with our bodies is how we choose to represent ourselves in our lives. However, the way in which we choose to present ourselves is dependent upon the indivdual situation. It reflects our perception of whatever situation we are in. Therefore most people are not nearly as offended at your hair as they are in the way you present yourself in the current situation.
Wear something sharp, keep your hair neat. Speak intelligently and be polite. If you show the judge that you understand the seriousness of this situation and (pretend to) respect him he will not do anything differently than he would if you had hair like everyone else.
What is worse. A dread with a sharp suit, neat hair, and a tactful manner? Or a short hair clean shaven guy who shows up in a t shirt and sneakers and is openly disrespectful?
MOST IMPORTANTLY: The more you think about your hair, the more attention you will draw to it with your subtle body language. If you don't think about it, he won't consider at. Thats a fact of human psychology and energetic attraction.
Good Luck brother,
And you may find it a blessing to lay off the pipe for a while. Get some of that tar out of your chest.

Nick G. said:
thanks for the support guys. im not sure if i should say exactly what i did. im under 18 and i was charged with possession of stolen goods (apparently its a felony) i did stupid shit and now im payin for it. i dont think i can tie them back, are they long enough? my dad actually doesnt know about my decision to dread, he is very conservative. where can i buy some aloe to keep my hair from bein frizzy. =( ima be on probation for a long while, ima have to stop smokin for a long time...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
so the evidence is in your bloodsstream? better to quit now..b4 u go to court Nick G. said:
thx =) i feel alot better now, i went to the beach and just went into the water all the way. then i sat and admired the ocean while my dreads dried. haha and also, Didjedurajan it prolly will do me some good to lay off the pipe a bit but first i have to get rid of the evidence =]

Didjeridurian said:
I faced possession charges a few years back and everyone was telling me the same thing just about long hair. Really though it makes little difference. The judge will already have his mind made up about you before you even go into the courtroom. Doesn't matter what you look like.
Think of it like this:
Our physical appearance is what we choose for ourselves in everyday life. What we do with our bodies is how we choose to represent ourselves in our lives. However, the way in which we choose to present ourselves is dependent upon the indivdual situation. It reflects our perception of whatever situation we are in. Therefore most people are not nearly as offended at your hair as they are in the way you present yourself in the current situation.
Wear something sharp, keep your hair neat. Speak intelligently and be polite. If you show the judge that you understand the seriousness of this situation and (pretend to) respect him he will not do anything differently than he would if you had hair like everyone else.
What is worse. A dread with a sharp suit, neat hair, and a tactful manner? Or a short hair clean shaven guy who shows up in a t shirt and sneakers and is openly disrespectful?
MOST IMPORTANTLY: The more you think about your hair, the more attention you will draw to it with your subtle body language. If you don't think about it, he won't consider at. Thats a fact of human psychology and energetic attraction.
Good Luck brother,
And you may find it a blessing to lay off the pipe for a while. Get some of that tar out of your chest.

Nick G. said:

--
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
When you go to court be sure to yourself as a polite, well mannered, and mature young person. How you act is going to be 99% more important than how you look. Make sure to be as polite and cooperative as you possibly can be, no smart ass comments.I am a grown woman (I have a teenage son!) and my mother kind of freaked out when she saw my hair for the first time a few weeks ago. You just can't please everyone. I just did my best to let her know my hair was super clean and healthy and tried to keep it tame. I think a lot of times people have the myths about dreads stuck in their heads and you have to reassure them that they are not true.If you have been smoking you will want to stop. Sometimes the courts will order drug testing if they suspect anything. You do not need that!Good luck
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
id quit nowyou wanna clean out several weeks at leastplus your dreads will hold that ganja smell a long tiome you might nit notice, but a lawyer or judge mightif possible id quite a month b4 but i doubt u got that much time so stop today

--
Klete
@klete
15 years ago
47 posts
Nick, I feel like I'm kinda a expert at this since my 15 year old son has been busted for possession of pot once and 3 minor in possession of alcohol in the last year. 1st, clean up your system, they will more than likely pee test you for awhile, you can quit while your on probation if your truly willing to do it, 2nd, go to court dressed nice, not over dressed but nice, tell the judge you messed up, your sorry and community service would best suit you. Then do your service with gusto, nothing like doing something for free thats good to make you feel better about yourself. 3rd, stay away from the people that got you in your predicament, i know it's hard but that's life, much better to be cool like the rainbows, helping people out, not taking
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Evidence is stored in fat cells. So exercise and detox diet would be effectiveI would do a fruit fast if I were you. Eat nothing but sweet fruit for at least a week and I am willing to bet you should be cleaned out.Not sure when you need to go but that should detox you pretty well.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yes exactly..in fact..go prepared with some community service ideas youd enjoy and why you think theyd help you or make u feel like your atoning Klete said:
Nick, I feel like I'm kinda a expert at this since my 15 year old son has been busted for possession of pot once and 3 minor in possession of alcohol in the last year. 1st, clean up your system, they will more than likely pee test you for awhile, you can quit while your on probation if your truly willing to do it, 2nd, go to court dressed nice, not over dressed but nice, tell the judge you messed up, your sorry and community service would best suit you. Then do your service with gusto, nothing like doing something for free thats good to make you feel better about yourself. 3rd, stay away from the people that got you in your predicament, i know it's hard but that's life, much better to be cool like the rainbows, helping people out, not taking

--
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
wow everyone on this forum is so supportive.my buddies just got busted in a state park with a bong and pipe. they didn't even go in front of a judge and weren't drug tested. idk where you live but here in ohio they are pretty lenient on first offence minors

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form