Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What should i do? i have to go to court on Oct. 8

Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
I have to go to court on October 8 to hear whats gonna happen to meh and my mom says i cant go to court lookin how i do now, and my dad will flip out. what should i do?
updated by @blonde-dready: 02/14/15 05:33:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
sure you canwhats the court for?you can and should make yourself look somewhat presentable, tie them backbutcourt cannot treat you any differently for having dreadsin fact jails now all have specif\ic guidlines fort not discriminating against dreadsits concidered a religious freedom to wear dreads and if theres any different treatment based on your looks you can take it all the way to the supremer court..its unconsitutionalif you know your rights noone can screw with you now tell your parents that your rights cannot be violatedwhats the court for

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
I won't ask what you did, but your mom is probably just freaking out over what she thinks the Judge will feel,but yeah, as long as you present yourself as best you can, any decent judge would notice that,that and any respectable judge would listen to the way you talk over how your hair looks, that and your hair is still young, he probly wouldn't even notice they were dreads maybe.
RBN
@rbn
15 years ago
50 posts
no way my friend...DO NOT cut them off. dont do anything to them. go how you are. you will be fine.
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
yeah dog, maybe just tie them back like SE said. get yourself a suit though, mostly for your mom& pops . be as fly as you can goin into that court room brah.. good luck
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
I had this EXACT same dilema...My paretns were freakin for me to clean up my hair way back when i got in some trouble...What will probably happent 2u (just speculating), u wont even step foot into an acctual coourtroom, instead a person comes up to u b4 u enter trial and they propose a determent (sp) program (somthing like drug court)long story shortDONT CUT UM hahaha
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
thanks for the support guys. im not sure if i should say exactly what i did. im under 18 and i was charged with possession of stolen goods (apparently its a felony) i did stupid shit and now im payin for it. i dont think i can tie them back, are they long enough? my dad actually doesnt know about my decision to dread, he is very conservative. where can i buy some aloe to keep my hair from bein frizzy. =( ima be on probation for a long while, ima have to stop smokin for a long time...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
aloe gel any health food store in refridgerated sectionaloe vera plhnt any garden center or home depot..bre sure its aloe vera not any other aloe variertygo in to court talk to the da and tell him you gave learned your lesson and dont want to go back to that type shit ever again tell him you believe you will benifit most from community cserrvice that giving back to the fommunity youd taken from would make you feel like you could atone for what you did wrongeven think up a few specifuic community service projects youd be interested in and why thewyd be kmore rehabilitating to u (serving in a soup kitchen for instance)if u go in woyth as convincing i learned my lesson plesede punnish me but let me pick my own easy punnishmenbt type attitude i bet ya u get off eassy..without even going b4 ther court Nick G. said:
thanks for the support guys. im not sure if i should say exactly what i did. im under 18 and i was charged with possession of stolen goods (apparently its a felony) i did stupid shit and now im payin for it. i dont think i can tie them back, are they long enough? my dad actually doesnt know about my decision to dread, he is very conservative. where can i buy some aloe to keep my hair from bein frizzy. =( ima be on probation for a long while, ima have to stop smokin for a long time...

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
thx man, this forum has been more supportive then my family lol (dont get me wrong i love my family more then anything but sometimes they just arent very helpful) soaringeagle said:
aloe gel any health food store in refridgerated section
aloe vera plhnt any garden center or home depot..bre sure its aloe vera not any other aloe varierty go in to court talk to the da and tell him you gave learned your lesson and dont want to go back to that type shit ever again tell him you believe you will benifit most from community cserrvice that giving back to the fommunity youd taken from would make you feel like you could atone for what you did wrongeven think up a few specifuic community service projects youd be interested in and why thewyd be kmore rehabilitating to u (serving in a soup kitchen for instance)if u go in woyth as convincing i learned my lesson plesede punnish me but let me pick my own easy punnishmenbt type attitude i bet ya u get off eassy..without even going b4 ther court Nick G. said:
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
if you cant tie them back in a like a pony tail, you could get a cloth elastic headband. They come in all kinds of colors so if you get one that's black or something that's not too flashy. It will hold them out of your face, maybe looking a little neater to please your parents. (like in my pic) But good luck, I dont know much about the US justice system, but here in canada as long as your sorry and not a smart ass to the judge you pretty much get probation or community service, especially as a minor and a first time offense. Everyone pretty much does really stupid stuff when they are young, as long as you learn from your mistakes it will all work out! Dont worry! Oh and as for conservative parents, my dad is a police officer and my mom is the office manager at a cardiologist office. And I have 31 tattoos and some dreads in the making and they dont really care anymore about what I do to the outside of my body, because no matter what you to do the outside, you are still the same inside. It took sometime for them to understand that. But eventually they did Nick G. said:
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form