Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Questions Questions Questions

Karam Toubba
@karam-toubba
6 years ago
4 posts

Hello Everyone, hope you're having a good day.

I have thick long hair which is 22cm to 25cm long, that's around 10 inches I believe. It almost reaches to my lower back.

1)How long would the dreadlocks be after working on my hair?

2)I would like good thick dreads, which density would be suitable to have so? (In Inches)

3)I have either dark brown or really dark blond, how do I know which one? (Because I would want to get extensions.)

4)Where could I buy natural extensions which allows me to pick the color, length and density for my dreadlocks?
5)What is the natural and best way to connect my dreads with the extensions?

Basically, after working on my dreads, I would want the length of my dreadlocks to be as the length I have them in now.

Thank you very much in advance and soon I will join the family...right after these questions are answered :P

Regards from the Middle East,

Karam T.

updated by @karam-toubba: 01/13/15 08:58:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
27,885 posts

1 depends onj how you dread its best to not "work on" the dreads but alow the dreads to happen

but general ly

going natural the hair grows and dreads and shrinks at learly the same rate so you dont lose too much length at all it just wont grow for awhile

backcomb you lose 1/2 right away then another 1/2 of that over serveral months (bout 8) so they shrink to about chin length

twist and rip u lose a bit less to start with less damage they shhrink about the sanmre maybe lil les..next best option to natural/neglect

crochet..extremely bad option but ulose almost nio length just extreme damage extrewme thinness stiffness..they are too tight to shrink much for a very long time

2 you never want a dread thicker then an inch at the roots to start the dread you create or let form will be way thunner though till its mature crochet dreads are tge worse and stay 1/3 the thickness they should be unless you let them naturalize wich takes a ver4y long time..thick dreads are betwween 1/2 and 1 inch thick at the root section

3dont bother with extentions at all you cant add extentions anyway till they thicken up and stop shrinking so theres a stable base to add it to and by that time they are starting to grow and will regain the length lost quickly..you'll only end up wasting money and chopping them off within a year

4 again dont bother

5let the dreads grow natural and best way to extend dreads is let your natural dreads get longer

you got the "make dreads" mentsality

dreads are grown not made

patiencxe is how you get noice long dreads so stop combing let it grow..done

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Karam Toubba
@karam-toubba
6 years ago
4 posts

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have all the patience to grow my dreads and would want it to be as natural as possible. :)

Karam Toubba
@karam-toubba
6 years ago
4 posts
I made a mistake there, my hair is 24 1/2 INCHES LONG. That's 62 CM.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
27,885 posts
should dread fast

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Karam Toubba
@karam-toubba