Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
AJ
@aj
13 years ago
3 posts

OK so the lady that started my dreads says i can't wash my hair for 3 months is this tru how do i get all the dirt out of my head with out water?

updated by @aj: 01/13/15 08:57:11PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
oh god u never want anyone whod say that to start your dreads what the hell did she do to you u wash them from the 1st week on u dont gotta wait but im really worried what that idiot did to u if she knows so little abnout dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AJ
@aj
13 years ago
3 posts
I have curly hair and she just used hair gel
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
Oh lord. Umm... firstly, how did she start your dreads? Method, products? Secondly, it's a common misconception with dreadlocks that they needn't be washed. Dirty hair dreads slower, plus you could end up trapping dirt, head grease, and whatever products you used in your hair, and that could lead to mildew and eventual loss of your locks due to rotting. Not a pretty thing.
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

Did she back-comb? Twist and rip? Braid? Crochet?

Number one thing you need to do is get that gel out. If the hair can't move, it won't dread at all.

AJ
@aj
13 years ago
3 posts

twist

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are u black did she do gel twists? if your black gel twists will work if your nit well she screwed u and they will never dread

either way going to her was a mistake

if yoir black u can wash lil less (no oils) so wait a week or so if u want if u dont wanna wait then wash

if yoir not black wash it out get yoiur money back start over right

--
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

No, that won't dread at all :( Sorry to say it but I hope you didn't pay her for this. You'll need to remove the gel and start over, most likely. This site has great posts on dreading methods, and you won't have to pay anyone a penny.

Here's a link to different methods: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreading-methods

I suggest neglect for curly hair, but if you want to choose section size (e.g., how many dreads you will have), twist and rip is a good method.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea hes got african american hair thats easy to dread by just twisting it into sections then letting it dread its so easy u can twirl it round a finger or just twist bettween 2 fingers

just define the sections and let it dread but washing helps tho his hair type can get away without being washed as often cause it doesnt produce oils really at all

(hence the gel)

--
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
Aaah, didn't know he had African hair. Silly me. When he said curly I was thinking like mine.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form