Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

balding

Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
I have a small bald spot on top of my crown and growing dreads for 5mths now and I don't really care much about the bald spot. It is what it is! My older brother started going bald around 17 but the hair on his back makes up for ir! LMFAO! THANKFULLY those jeans missed me!.... :-) As for my younger brother, he has pretty much a full head of thick hair (unlike I ever had) and he's got a small bald spot starting.
updated by @doogie: 07/13/15 04:54:43PM
Nicole Binns
@nicole-binns
13 years ago
22 posts
I looked at your pictures on the other discussion. I'm not sure how old you are, but I have heard stories of people going bald at an early age (like around 20 years old) and I've heard of people starting to go bald around 30 years old. I think if you haven't lost any hair by age 30, you probably won't go bald... but I could be totally, totally wrong about that - I haven't talked to a lot of balding people (although I would like to) about the process of going bald.I will tell you something about my own feelings. This is just my personal opinion. There are some women (such as, myself) who love long hair on men so much, and are so desperate to see more of it, that we even enjoy the sight of a bald man with long hair (and a beard - I always have to mention that too). There will be people who tell you exactly the opposite of that - they will tell you that going bald, and having long hair at the same time, looks horrible. I know lots of people say that. But there are some people who feel exactly the opposite. Anything is better than short hair! Men don't understand how it feels to be a woman who LOVES long-haired men, but can't find many of them anywhere. It's very frustrating. So I am very pushy: grow the hair long even if you go bald... just keep going with it. I have to be pushy about it, because I'm like, begging, for lots more guys to grow long hair, even if it's bald.That's my personal opinion and my big long rant for this evening.As for whether your hair will dread easily, I can only tell you about my personal experience. I am using a 'no shampoo' neglect method, and it was the easiest thing I ever did. A lot of people think it's disgusting to totally quit shampoo, and they can't stand the way it makes their hair and scalp feel. But based on my own experience, if you shampoo your hair one last time, and then quit all types of shampoo forever, your hair will lock all by itself as it sticks to your own natural grease. (I know... most people are horrified by this idea.) That is how mine worked. I did NOTHING to it - no twisting, nothing at all. It looked like greasy strings for a couple of months and I kept it braided because yeah, I was embarrassed to be seen that way. Then after a couple of months, there were mature locks developing at the roots all by themselves - I didn't do anything, just rinse them with plain water in the shower, and nothing else at all.So that is the 'no shampoo' method which is too disgusting for most people, but I have gotten used to it and it worked great for me. I think humans always had effortless natural locks before soap and shampoo were invented, and nobody had to do any backcombing or any twisting. Like the animals that have locks - donkeys and dogs and any other animals that grow them. They're not twisting or backcombing.Would your hair be easy to lock? I think you would be able to do it if I am able to do it. I'm sure that everyone else on this forum would have faith that you are able to do them somehow, even if you don't choose the particular 'gross' method that I am using.Sorry, I can never just answer in ten words or less, lol.

errol said:

looked him up he has pretty cool dreads and if you just wear a bandana to hide the baldness then your good to go could you tell me what you think of my hair on my other discussion how long b4 balding you think my hair would be easy to lock up or ?
Nicole Binns said:
I would like to see more men growing long hair and locks even after going bald. I don't know what you could do to stop yourself from going bald. But you can view dreads as a spiritual commitment, instead of an image, and so they'll be something you continue to do, no matter what happens.

This is actually a big issue to me. I think that if men could accept the idea of growing the remaining hair (and beard) while they're bald, then more men might lose their fear of growing long hair.

You could look at images of Devin Townsend. He was a musician (I think? I can't remember if that's what he was) who grew locks while bald.

I probably can't say anything to make you feel better about it though.
Nicole Binns
@nicole-binns
13 years ago
22 posts
Oh, and oops, when I say I kept my hair braided, I mean, I kept it in one big braid. I don't mean I had it in lots of little braids. Anyway...
errol
@errol
13 years ago
37 posts

im 14 years old i guess i dont have to worry yet
Nicole Binns said:
Oh, and oops, when I say I kept my hair braided, I mean, I kept it in one big braid. I don't mean I had it in lots of little braids. Anyway...
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

If I were you I would just let it grow and not worry about it. If you want dreads, you will have them.

And I think it is so true about worrying. Stress can definitely cause hair loss. Just put good healthy foods and drink inside your body like lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Get outside in the sun and love yourself! :0)Stay hydrated and use some of the herbal rinses recommended here that promote healthy strong locks.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form