Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

deep cleaning..

dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
Hey guys. So I did a deep cleanjust now(the one with baking soda, tea tree oil, lemon juice, and salt) and when I went to wash it out my dreads felt kind of sticky like a tacky feeling. I thought I just need to rinse more so I did for a while and now I've been sitting here drying them hoping they'll feel different and they still feel unpleasent. :/ I've done this rinse before with no problems, in fact, last time it left them feeling cleaner than ever. What could be the problem?
updated by @dreaded-delusion: 01/13/15 08:56:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
dont use the lemon u dont want thsat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
Why would you not want lemon juice when that's what is in the recipe? http://dreadlocktruth.com/dtforum/topic?f=4&t=196?p=33304&hilit=deep+clean+recipe#p33304

soaringeagle said:
dont use the lemon u dont want thsat
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thst recipies wrong

lemon juice is an acid like vinager it reacts with the alkaline baking soda it will make ypur hair super frizzy and conditioined

that was the otriginal recipie yea but was modified to remove that when i realized it was causing more harm then fgood

use the recipie on this site not that sitre

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

in fact thet y dont even mention the acv rinse wich is extremekly important

so yea that recipie is wrong

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
however u can modify it and substitute the lemon for the acv..after rinsing out the baking soda but.. then u still might get that sticky gross feeling acv will, not give u that u will just feel clean

--
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
Ok cool. Thanks SE. My fiance and I have been using that one (him more than me) but Ill be sure to try the one on here instead. I usually just use maylees but like to do a deep clean every once in a while. By your description I guess it's the lemon interaction with the baking soda that made it sticky feeling? My hair still feels kind of heavy so I'm guessing I just need to spend more time squeezing it out I suppose?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea umm.. well i assume u never used wax even once? just making sure cause lemon is a citic acid that can remove wax if u waxed even once it coulda brought some to the surface making u feel sticky but im thinking it was just the lemon itself

i think ya will def like the recipie here better and i think..but not 100% sure the acv rinse should remove the sticky feeling it degreases pretty well removing residues so i think it should do the trick

i use the recipie here then if not too lazy or in a rush follow with maylees (just scalp and beard) cause i just love how good the combo feels

--
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
Sounds good. Thanks for the help. :) Unfortunatly, yes, I have used wax when I first started in 07. So you might be right.. but, I did however, buy that dewaxing stuff from knottyandnice and have yet to try it. I'm planning to have my fiance help me with it today or tomorrow.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
ah wwell definayely coulda been wax loosweiningh up and comming to the surface then

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form