Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

People touching your dreadlocks

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
Some people try to run their fingers through the loose hair I have, and my eyes always get wide and I quickly pull away and go "NOOOO THAT'S A WHOLE MONTH GONE!"lol
updated by @brandon-arnold: 07/23/15 02:48:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

some freinds my sis and several ex's always loved to walk behind me holding 2 dreads like the reigns on a horse lol

i never mind except when total strangedrs just grab em for no reason especialy drunk ppl or ppl u can tell are not respectful

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts
I don't like it. It's not like I am a monkey in a zoo. I didn't decide to let my hair lock for looks. I am just letting myself live naturally and having dreadlocks is apart of being one with nature.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
I never thought I would have this problem actually since my hair is taking forever to lock up but...The other day I went to get my eyebrows waxed because I can't see to do them myself. I laid down on the table with my hair spread out behind me and the lady started working. She is a very nice lady from Vietnam who I have known for awhile, but I guess she hasn't really noticed my dozen or so dreads. All of a sudden she grabs my first and fattest one and says, "Oh Panterra, something is stuck in your hair!" And she starts to attempt to tear it apart!!!!!! I almost gave myself whiplash trying to get up off that table and wretch my dread out of her hand!!! It would have been funny if it wasn't so unfunny (get that?). I spent 20 minutes trying to explain dreadlocks to her. She shook her head to dreads, Rasta, and Bob Marley...I finally gave up. LOL
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
The first time I experimented with dreads in '98, everyone want to grab them and touch them. Didn't really mind at first but then once everyone started seeing other ppl doing it they thought it was ok to do too! Started getting on my nerves! Since the set I have now, only 1 person wanted to touch them. She's a good bartender friend of mine and she said she used to always love rolling her brothers' for him and said it brought back so many fond memories of him! I these 5mths since I started them again, she's the only one that wanted to touch them!
Colin2
@colin2
13 years ago
81 posts
I saw ur pics I love them to :) ,I have ppl touch them like everyday but their my friends so I'm okay with it . I jus can't stand it wen there at lunch and they touch them with their greasy hand from food,or wen they start doin all this random stuff with my dreads

Jesus Freed My Soul!! said:
I've had mine for 15 months and never had anyone touch them (except for a crazy hairdresser cousin)until last Sunday at church. This lady just stopped where I was, touched my dreadsand said, "I was looking at those." She had a big smile and never said anything mean to me. To me, if people touch or want to touch they don't think they are dirty and are just curious.On my way out the door another lady yelled above the crowd, "I love your hair!" Made my day:)
Drew W
@drew-w
13 years ago
6 posts

I've had my dreads for nearly 3 years now. I get the usual questions about them a lot and although it's probably my 1,000,000 time of explaining, I try to remember that it is probably that persons' first time asking. I also remember whenI was much younger I used tofollow people with dreadlocks to ask them about how they got them etc.

I don't mind people asking permission to touch them, or even smell them?? One person even said they'd like to eat them, which was weird. The problem I have is when I'm in a queue or some public place and I feel someone touching them. I think to myself, if you're going to go to the trouble of touching them without me noticing,wouldn't have beeneasier toask me? It would have also been less embarassing for them to ask, then it would be for them to get caught touching my dreads.

A friend of mine said that I sound turn around, put my finger in my mouth like I'm trying to get something out of my teeth, then make an attempt to touch their hair. Either that or just turn round and say to them "cool hair, do you mind if I touch it?" and see what their reaction is. I've not attempted either.

Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts
I loooove touching other people's dreadlocks and my dreadlocks so I'm happy to let anyone touch my dreads unless they are against them (like there's this one woman who thinks they're dirty and ugly no matter what) then why would they want to touch them anyway -___-
jameela bailey
@jameela-bailey
13 years ago
30 posts
yea people touch my hair alot, and its not that it gets annoying, it just gets awkward. And its kind of nasty because i don't know where their hands have been.
Alyssa Yuldybaeva
@alyssayul
13 years ago
35 posts
Lol thats weird. Why would anyone touch anyones hair while eating. People here (in thailand) would never do that. Its considered insulting and impolite to actualy touch other people's head in the first place because the head is considered a holy part of the body.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form