Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

decorating dreadlocks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
there are so many ways to decorate dreads from peyote stitches beads and wraps to feathers cuffs and shellswhat are your favorite ways to decorate your dreads and make them festiveinclude pictures if possible

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 06:36:24AM
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
wooden beads bought or even better gifted from special people, special places :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
everything i ever had in mine was either gifted found or traded

--
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
beautiful :D
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
off topic, but just saw uhm taking woodstock, beautiful movie, made me all fuzzy inside, and made me dream of being there, amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg man, so wish i coulda been there.
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
i got these copper(?) hand rings in my hairturned my hair where they were at green fer a lil hahahha so they mite b brass er sumthin Hahahahah
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
ive always heard about people putting shells in their dreads but idk how.... i have plenty of shells though
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
Photobucket i have 2 of those and thats it i need to get more beadies.. i have theis big o' round red one but i dont really like it so i dont wear it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts

back in ancient times, African men would get pooka shells stuck in their dreads when out fishing. He said that as they would bend over to stab a fish and look for fish at the bottom of the ocean their hair would brush against the sea floor and dirt and shells would get stuck in their dreads. If and when these men were sold as slaves people would pay more for the men with more shells in their hair as this was a sign of a hard worker and a strong man. puka shells are also known as cowry shells

J.D. said:
ive always heard about people putting shells in their dreads but idk how.... i have plenty of shells though

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Every time one of my old necklaces breaks I put some of the beads on my smaller dreads, its funny when people say that they look familiar.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form