Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm Back just have a couple questions!

Amadu Jalloh
@amadu-jalloh
13 years ago
7 posts
I have a couple questions i did my first wash yesterday and it turned out right. Now i just want to make sure that my hair is susposed to look like this because almost all of my twist didn't come out.However i tried to twist em back myself but i barely could so now i want to know if it's okay to have my looking like how it does.Thank you in advance for any help that any can offer!
updated by @amadu-jalloh: 01/13/15 08:52:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yea its good just leave em aline to dread no reason to rewist ever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amadu Jalloh
@amadu-jalloh
13 years ago
7 posts

but how would they lock without me doing that......

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
they just do dreads lock by leaving them alone not forcing them

--
Nicole Binns
@nicole-binns
13 years ago
22 posts
I have tried to see how locks work by looking closely at my own. It looks like the hairs wrap around each other in both directions, clockwise and counterclockwise, and they crisscross over each other. This happens during the movement of the hairs, and while showering.Then if only a couple of hairs get tangled into a knot, it keeps them all together in a strand. It doesn't take very many hairs to cause a strand to tangle and stay that way. Maybe only two or three hairs tangled around the strand are enough to hold that strand together.Once you have a strand wrapped with a tangle, then the hairs underneath those hairs have nowhere to go. As they grow underneath the tangle, they wad up into a messy, crumpled, mat of hair. I'm trying to understand how the process happens over time, and this is what I imagine it looks like inside the dreadlock, hairs trying to grow up underneath an existing twist that is blocking them.That's how I would describe the process, if you are wondering how it happens by itself.

Amadu Jalloh said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

pretty close

take 2 straight perpandicular hairs (ok not 2 lets say 200)

tie a knot in the end

now at thar knot they are akll uneven no longer perpendicular but with loops and hairs at ever angle

that ebncourages others to loop through loops creatting knots (think of how christmass lights end up in a mess of knots)

then u sleep on em and they compress into tight matts

as they dread closer to the roots

the hair comming from scalps straight (ish bassed on type) the hair going into the dreads chaotic directions so its constantly knotting up cause of the unevenessNicole Binns said:

I have tried to see how locks work by looking closely at my own. It looks like the hairs wrap around each other in both directions, clockwise and counterclockwise, and they crisscross over each other. This happens during the movement of the hairs, and while showering.

Then if only a couple of hairs get tangled into a knot, it keeps them all together in a strand. It doesn't take very many hairs to cause a strand to tangle and stay that way. Maybe only two or three hairs tangled around the strand are enough to hold that strand together.

Once you have a strand wrapped with a tangle, then the hairs underneath those hairs have nowhere to go. As they grow underneath the tangle, they wad up into a messy, crumpled, mat of hair. I'm trying to understand how the process happens over time, and this is what I imagine it looks like inside the dreadlock, hairs trying to grow up underneath an existing twist that is blocking them.

That's how I would describe the process, if you are wondering how it happens by itself.

Amadu Jalloh said:

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form