Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hair dye

Dreaddy D
@dreaddy-d
14 years ago
25 posts
im not plaaning on dying my dreads for a while but i wanted to ask if the ingrediance to this hair dye that i used before i had dreads will effect the quality of my dreadsthis is the ingredianceSpecial Effects Hair Dye Ingredients:H20 to 100, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Mixes of dyes, Diazolidinly Urea, Methylparaben, PropylparabenNOTE: Urea used is syntheticSpecial Effects Hair Dyes are fully Vegan Friendly / Semi-Permanent Hair DyesThe ingredients shown are based on the manufacturers packaging at the time of adding this information to our website, it is advised to always check the label/tub prior to use incase of any changes or updates of the ingredientsany feedback on this would be appreciadted!!!!
updated by @dreaddy-d: 01/13/15 08:49:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm no idea but there is a dying dreads guide with tons of info on natural home made dyes that would probly work better http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dying-dreads-guide-and

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dreaddy D
@dreaddy-d
14 years ago
25 posts
yea i was looking at that before im deff gonna try that once my dreads are mature........ i was just wondering about the dye cause its advertized as a vegitable vegan dye but i wasnt sure thanks soaringeagle your the shit!!!!!!

soaringeagle said:
hmm no idea but there is a dying dreads guide with tons of info on natural home made dyes that would probly work better
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dying-dreads-guide-and
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
vegan as in no animal products but vegatable? nah its all chemicalwhat is h20 to 100 anyway?h2o is water but whats the to 100?maybe water thats had the ph thrown way off to 100? i dunno

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dreaddy D
@dreaddy-d
14 years ago
25 posts
i waznt really sure so thats why i wanted to get a second opinion thanks....
Dreaddy D
@dreaddy-d
14 years ago
25 posts
yea im gonna try the more natural ways of lightning before i dye but i just wanted to make sure the dye wouldnt destroy my dreads....... im gonna see how the natural ways work if there not up to my standards ill prob use the sfx cause it is my fave dye

Knottysleeves said:
SFX is pretty much the same formulation as Manic Panic. Veggie dyes are fine to use on dreads... it's the bleaching that causes problems.
jennifer stafford
@jennifer-stafford
14 years ago
6 posts
a friend of mine started hers dreads about 5 months ago and she dyed them 2 weeks after she started, and her hair started dreading then. it took mine 2 months to even start that process. (i hate her...lol..just kidding) but anyway, it did not hurt hers dreads. she said just DO NOT use the conditioner after. dont know if this helps, :o
Dreaddy D
@dreaddy-d
14 years ago
25 posts
What kind of dye did she use???

jennifer stafford said:
a friend of mine started hers dreads about 5 months ago and she dyed them 2 weeks after she started, and her hair started dreading then. it took mine 2 months to even start that process. (i hate her...lol..just kidding) but anyway, it did not hurt hers dreads. she said just DO NOT use the conditioner after. dont know if this helps, :o
Rena })i({
@rena-i
13 years ago
1 posts

ive had my dreads for 8 months now and (unfortunately) i started my journey with a dread perm. ive been dying them ever since a dark red/auburn colour and it works just fine :) i just use the cheep supermarket brand stuff (i know horrible!!) but its cheep and easy and the results are great :) but DONT use the conditioner!!

Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

This is really late, but I'm about a month or two into my tnr/slight backcombed dreads. They are bleached but my roots are brown. There is about 1/2"+ of my roots. I want to go back to my natural brown hair and the only way to do that is to dye them. I don't have a lot of money so I would only be able to get the box color at walmart or something. Which brand should I get, how many boxes, and what are the instructions for dying dreads with box color? This is late on this thread, but I'm desperate for advice. Thank you(:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form