Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Root Loops...

inked.pixie
@inkedpixie
14 years ago
8 posts
Hi, so I've read a lot on this site about loops and bumps forming in the body of dreadlocks as the dreading process progresses, however I have large loops right at the roots of my dreadlocks...while the body of most of my dreads are generally fairly smooth.Is this also just another "phase" that they're going through as part of their journey?Any info appreciated, cheers :)
updated by @inkedpixie: 01/13/15 08:44:27PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yep it's a phase. I also have loops and bumps in every possible spot. Once the unknotted hair knots up the loops will most likely suck into the dread. How old are yours? What method did you start them with?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sounds really cool lets see em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
inked.pixie
@inkedpixie
14 years ago
8 posts
thanks guys
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Loops & swirls abound through the length of mine from roots to tip as well. Sadly the ones I like seem to disappear while the kinks that irk me hang around for ages!Welcome to the site:)

inked.pixie said:
thanks guys
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
just a sign that ur dreads are knotting and locking. very good to have loops. i think they look kool too. as they grow out u wont even be able to notice that there was ever a loop. they just suck right in
inked.pixie
@inkedpixie
14 years ago
8 posts
Thanks guys :) yeah I do like my loops they give the base a cool shape :) since starting to read info from this site over the last month or so, I've found some great tips like wrapping my woolen blanket around my pillow to sleep on. This one small piece of advice has made my dreads feel better than ever
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form