Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

to dread or not to dread?

Lauren Elizabeth
@lauren-elizabeth
14 years ago
6 posts
i have naturally super crazy, poofy, curly hair; which is actually quite pretty. recently i've been seriously considering dreading it just to do something new and interesting with it. i'm worried that if i dread it, i won't like the way it turns out and i'll just be stuck with it :\also, haha my boyfriend really doesn't want me to get them, but i just think it's because it's so hard to picture me with them.
updated by @lauren-elizabeth: 02/14/15 03:27:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if u want to dread u should dread..no matter how they look or what anyone else thinksdreads are magical they affect you on deeper levelsif you just want to try something diferent it might not be right (u can try 1 dread and see) but,..if you want something different like a life change then dreads will change your lifesounds like yoir hair might wanna dread no matter what u want to do tho so maybe let your hair make the decission for you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lauren Elizabeth
@lauren-elizabeth
14 years ago
6 posts
thanks :]you have a lot more guts than i do. being that i'm a girl, i'm pretty much programmed to worry about what i would look like with dreads. idk, i guess i'm worried i wouldn't be able to pull them off. i'm a big fan of the thicker, chunkier dreads and would definitely go for those. soaringeagle said:
if u want to dread u should dread..no matter how they look or what anyone else thinks
dreads are magical they affect you on deeper levels
if you just want to try something diferent it might not be right (u can try 1 dread and see) but,..if you want something different like a life change then dreads will change your life

sounds like yoir hair might wanna dread no matter what u want to do tho so maybe let your hair make the decission for you
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your gorgouse and dreads will only make u more gorgouse..howevernot everyone will think thatdreads can repel shallow people who care too much about apearances and not eniough about substanceits a win win really u push away losers and attract deeper more special amazing pplumm u might find your boyfriends 1 not the other but i never know

--
Lauren Elizabeth
@lauren-elizabeth
14 years ago
6 posts
aww, well thanks :] yeahh i really dig the whole spiritual part of commiting to dreading your hair. i think i could totally rock it, i guess i just need to work up the guts to actually go ahead and do it. soaringeagle said:
your gorgouse and dreads will only make u more gorgouse..however
not everyone will think that
dreads can repel shallow people who care too much about apearances and not eniough about substance
its a win win really u push away losers and attract deeper more special amazing ppl

umm u might find your boyfriends 1 not the other but i never know
Lauren Elizabeth
@lauren-elizabeth
14 years ago
6 posts
yeahh, i had a friend who not too long ago dreaded his hair and he didnt take good care of them and they got smelly and moldy and gross, so he just shaved them off. i didnt think it was possible to comb them out? haha well ill bet its extremely painful as well. Knottysleeves said:
Dreads are actually the natural state of hair -- all the conditioning and combing and brushing and styling we do every day PREVENTS our hair from dreading. If you stop doing all those things, your hair will naturally dread.

So it's a style that looks good on pretty much everyone. :-)

Dreads can always be combed out (it's a lot of work, but it can be done) or cut if you absolutely hate them... it's just hair and it will grow back. But I think you'll fall in love with them once they start forming and doing their own thing!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how did he start them? with wax// ive had mine 20 years without problemsu can comb em out but it takes alotta workknoitty combed hers out after 6 yearsyour freind probly used something sticky like wax or worse

--
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
this is a decision that only YOU can decide as SE said dreads are life-changing.they affect you as a person & what others can think aout youthey will teach you may life lessonsthey will help you overcome vanity issues or they can drive you crazy because they will be hectic for a whileim sure u will love them just as everyone here does && im positive you will look amazing wit emjust kow if you do go thru they will be there for a while ad it takes lotsa work to get em out
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Seriously thinking about it is good :)Dreads are a great low maintenance way to have your hair, but the beginning stages are not very glamorous...pretty crazy actually. Once they mature they'll be more relaxed but you have to really want to do it. And if after you've had them you don't like it you can comb them out. Lot's of conditioner, a comb and endless patience :)
Lauren Elizabeth
@lauren-elizabeth
14 years ago
6 posts
thanks all! :Di think if i can manage to find a couple friends willing to help me get them started ill definitely do them! :]i would probably backcomb the heck out of them, but i heard they do dread perms? i was considering getting one if i couldnt find anybody to help me. but then of course i wouldnt be able to comb them out haha.i dunno which i would be doing. any suggestions?and @soaringeagle, yeahh im pretty sure he started them with wax. why, is that bad? :\ill definitely keep you all posted and once i manage to get them ill upload some pics :]
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form