Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Organic/Do it at home face wash?

Madeline
@madeline
14 years ago
24 posts
Does anyone have a "recipe" for an organic (or more so something I could mix up at home that doesn't have a bajillion chemicals in it) face wash, or rinse or anything to help with oily skin?If you do, it'd be greatly appreciated if you would share it with me :)I hate the days I have super oily skin, but I don't want to put all those chemicals on my face!
updated by @madeline: 01/13/15 08:38:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
teatree oils great for cleanning pores preventing breakouts and drying oily skinbaking sodas as a paste is a great facial scrub exfioliant (see the 40 uses of baking soda thread)i think alotta women use avacodo facial scrubs but dunno its its just acvco or mixed with something

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Madeline
@madeline
14 years ago
24 posts
Ah thanks SE! I was at the store today grabbing spray bottles for peppermint and lavendar spray for my hair (easy to take when traveling this summer!) and realized I needed facewash, but using something from the store I don't even know whats really going on my face! soaringeagle said:
teatree oils great for cleanning pores preventing breakouts and drying oily skin
baking sodas as a paste is a great facial scrub exfioliant (see the 40 uses of baking soda thread)

i think alotta women use avacodo facial scrubs but dunno its its just acvco or mixed with something
Madeline
@madeline
14 years ago
24 posts
Oh thanks! I think I'll try SE's for awhile (just cause I have everything for it) then grab some stuff for that at the store next time and see what works best! Knottysleeves said:
I can't recommend this enough: OIL CLEANSING.

I know it sounds crazy to use oil on oily skin... but it works amazingly well to cleanse and balance oil production. I've converted several friends to the oil cleansing method and they all love it. I've gone from a lifetime of oily skin, to only needing to do the oil cleansing once every two or three days and just wash with plain water the rest of the time.

And best of all, it's cheap and totally natural. All you need are oil(s), hot water and a soft washcloth.

Here's a how-to:
http://community.livejournal.com/naturalliving/437205.html

It can take a couple weeks of trial & error to find the best combination of oils for your skin. I found olive oil to be way too heavy... jojoba or almond oil are much lighter and easier to remove. Jojoba is really good for the skin as well. I use it straight from the bottle most times and don't even bother mixing it with castor oil.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I know you found your gig but for future reference heres a few more ideas.A simple remedy is some lemon juice mixed with water, pat onto your face allow it to dry and rinse it off with cool water, do that at least once a day.Here's a list I found off of a web site.Essential Oils For Oily SkinBergamotCedarwoodCypressFrankincenseGeraniumJuniperLavenderLemonSageHerbs for Oily SkinAloe vera has excellent healing properties. Apply aloe vera gel topically, as needed.Burdock root, chamomile, horsetail, oat straw, and thyme nourish the skin.Lavender is very good for oily skin. Mist your skin with lavender water several times daily.A facial sauna using lemongrass, licorice root, and rosebuds is good for oily skin. Two or three times a week, simmer a total of 2 to 4 tablespoons of dried or fresh herbs in 2 quarts of water. When the pot is steaming, place it on top of a trivet or thick potholder on a table, and sit with your face at a comfortable distance over the steam for fifteen minutes. You can use a towel to trap the steam if you wish. After fifteen minutes, splash your face with cold water and allow your skin to air dry or pat it dry with a towel. After the sauna, you can allow the herbal water to cool and save it for use as a toning lotion to be dabbed on your face with a cot- ton ball after cleansing.Witch hazel applied to the skin is excellent for absorbing oil.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form