Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crocheting

cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
ok so i just got mine done like 4 days ago. and every day ive just been fixing them up with the crochet hook. but i dont think im doing anything right because i cant feel it getting tighter or it doesnt look like any of the loose hairs are going into the dred. how do u guys crochet you dreds or is there any advice?
updated by @cassie-gabriel: 02/15/18 02:31:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont crochet dreads ever!! every hair u pull in u break 5 more it makes low maintenance dreads very high maintenance foreverit makes them very weak and damagedstop it throw away the hook let them dread naturaly and be healthy not torn to shreds by poking holes in them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
for real? cause ive looked up videos and everything. i just dont want my head turning into a huge friz ball and having loose hairs all overr the place. soaringeagle said:
dont crochet dreads ever!! every hair u pull in u break 5 more it makes low maintenance dreads very high maintenance forever
it makes them very weak and damaged
stop it throw away the hook let them dread naturaly and be healthy not torn to shreds by poking holes in them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we will help u survive the crocheting u did already but the 1st step is stop crocheting throw away the hook(u should stop palm rolling and "working on" youyr dreads dreads are not made they are allowed to happen..no ammount of work will fix or create dreads they mst be allowed to dread..thats times job aloneallow time to fix what u messed up by trtying to force perfection too fastfind and read the rushing maturity causes premature dread loss thread''

--
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
This is what I am confused about, I also crocheted and I have been told they will come out. Come out as in completely come loose and not even be dreads anymore? Or come out as in, all the broken hairs will come loose giving the dreads a more frizzy look than they would have if we had just gone the natural way? I want my dreads thicker than they are so I am happy they will get fatter, but it sounds a little hopeless to say the dreads will become non-dreads after two months or so. How can we prevent that from happening (without just simply leaving them to their wicked way, lol)? cassie gabriel said:
for real? cause ive looked up videos and everything. i just dont want my head turning into a huge friz ball and having loose hairs all overr the place.

soaringeagle said:
dont crochet dreads ever!! every hair u pull in u break 5 more it makes low maintenance dreads very high maintenance forever
stop it throw away the hook let them dread naturaly and be healthy not torn to shreds by poking holes in them
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
oh wow thanks! Lisa McRae said:
I crocheted and it made my dreads so tight and stiff, not good or healthy. Sure they look good now but that's only because I stopped doing anything to them at all. Stop palm rolling crocheting and everything you are doing except separating. Stop now and they will look good. Yes they unravel a bit, but all dreads do eventually. Once it unravels is when they truly start to dread. You don't actually have dreads yet, just a hairstyle resembling dreads. The fuzz ball look won't last forever and if you stop everything now they will grow healthy and beautiful. You are damaging them by doing that and you don't want dreads that won't last forever.
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
aha, so theyll lock by themselves? soaringeagle said:
we will help u survive the crocheting u did already but the 1st step is stop crocheting throw away the hook
(u should stop palm rolling and "working on" youyr dreads dreads are not made they are allowed to happen..no ammount of work will fix or create dreads they mst be allowed to dread..thats times job alone
allow time to fix what u messed up by trtying to force perfection too fast

find and read the rushing maturity causes premature dread loss thread
''
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
listen to lisa she nearly shaved her head because of crocheting..shes recovering nicely now that shes stopped but she was considering a year bald just to go natural because of crochetits insane that its so popular but so is wax and alot of truly destructive things people want instant dreads and the only way to achieve instant dreads is to destroy them so they only last a couple years..u cant have both instant and permanent..u gotta chose healthy or temporary

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
loose hairs are part of dreading they get better with time ..just timeu got to accept messiness to get to dreadiness..yea theres vids telling u to do all sorts of dread destructionthats why we are the number 1 site now we are 1 of only 3 truthful sites and the best source of real infotheres thousands and thousands with destructive tips like wax crochet felting u name it..u didn't use wax i hope? cassie gabriel said:
for real? cause ive looked up videos and everything. i just dont want my head turning into a huge friz ball and having loose hairs all overr the place.

soaringeagle said:

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/11/15 06:41:50AM
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
Okay so worst case scenario is that I will have overly frizzy, puffy dreads for a while then? That's okay by me. I just want natural, awesome dreads that aren't breaking and following off! What about section threads? I have heard many, many people say they would never have good dreads without them. I have them in and frankly they look weird. I was thinking of just cutting them out after the first few weeks. Lisa McRae said:

This is as bad as mine ever got. Really poofy and really really loose, but never came undone completely no real loose hair. Always in dread form. At this point I haven't crocheted after my initial crocheting.

updated by @westcoaster: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form