Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need some help!? imma newbee

JuJu Miranda
@juju-miranda
14 years ago
5 posts
I'm looking to get dreads but I don't know anyone that does them in Peoria,az or phx,az. So if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated, I was considering doing them by myself but I don't wanna mess them up in anyway.
updated by @juju-miranda: 01/13/15 08:37:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u goit to do them yourself ifd u dont want them messed up..every place that does them (99% worldwide) does the worse job possible salon dreads never last they are always a disasteru cant go wrong with going natural but if u cant go natural twist and ripits so easy..u cant screw it up if u dont let someone else touch u they will wax or crochet or dread per,m or interlock or worse all really bad ideasif u wanht good dreads u absolutely must do em yourself get a freind to help with the back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
alicia jean
@alicia-jean
14 years ago
11 posts
to one newbee from another:i just started twisting and ripping this week and they are awesome! little fuzzy but that will go away as they mature. my fam is helping me do the back as i go. a couple here and there, i work on the front and sides as i get chances. it's really cool that they can be a part of it. just relax and do your research. don't use wax. some people suggest using aloe but i really don't think it's necessary.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they claim wax is good for dozens of things including conditioning and taming frizz these are the 2 things aloe can be used for but..it should only be used when really needed ..when really dry..or when u gotta look great for a formal event

--
JuJu Miranda
@juju-miranda
14 years ago
5 posts
Thanks forr the replies! idk if my hair is long enought for the twist and rip method. Its about a little over 3 inches and its really thick!? That's good I opened this discussion because, everyone I talk to about dreads have been telling me to use wax.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh god no who0 told u that go back and tell them wax is dread death and if they want to save theyre dreads they should join here and get all that gross crap out i bet every 1 of em hasnt had dreads for even 1 yearmake sure u tell them wax is evil3 inches as barely long enough for backcomb or twist n ripbut its oku can let it grow lil more orgo ahead and start it might unravel lil more but it will dread..beads can help keep it from unravelingthick hairs goodmine actualy is very very thick and dreaded naturaly at bout 3 inches, yours might dread naturaly shorter then normal tooin fact u might as well start natural see how it sections anfd if in several weeks its showing no sign of knots then twist n rip

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form