Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread starting length

Evan Miller
@evan-miller
14 years ago
18 posts
My hair is about 8 in. long. I see myself with dreads that are long enough that I can tie up in the back. Do you think that 8 inches is long enough?
updated by @evan-miller: 01/13/15 08:36:58PM
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
you might be able to put them back, but probably wont be able to tie them up with like your own dreads or anything you know?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its long enough to dread sure but tie back once dreaded probably not but..you see yourself with dreads u can tie back ok lets examine thatif u see yourself with dreads u are looking into the future, when you dread it takes time to dread and time to grow so yea someday you will have dreads you can tie back..but it wont be today..your hair needs time to grow and to dreadboth take a good whileso start dreading let it grow and eventually you'll be tying them back.ok so dreads and length3 inches u can backcomb into 1-1 1/2 inch stubs4-5 inches u can twist and rip into 2 inch dreads6 inches u can go natural and they will slowly shrink as they slowly grow and you';;ll have 3-4 inch maybe even 5 inch dreads by time theyre dreadedno matter what way u dread u will not see any real growth for 8 months more likely you'll see shrinkingthen it grows..and grows..and whoops where did my toes goit has to start somewhere to get way down theresee mine began at 2 inches naturallythen one day could tie it up (not back, like a fountains of dreads off the top) then lil later tie in back then knot it all up in a ball bigger then my head to keep em off the ground..when i began i pictured myself growin em till they wore off from dragging on the ground and thats where they are now..but u see..it wasnt instant..it took timeso what u pictures there waiting to be boen but u gotta start with babied raise them right and nurture them to maturity 1st

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Evan Miller
@evan-miller
14 years ago
18 posts
Thank you for the replies.Regardless of what they would look like now, I think you're right. I should start my journey soon. As my dreads grow so will I as a person. And as my dreads mature to what I envision for myself in the future so will my spirit.Peace and blessings soaringeagle said:
its long enough to dread sure but tie back once dreaded probably not but..you see yourself with dreads u can tie back ok lets examine that
if u see yourself with dreads u are looking into the future, when you dread it takes time to dread and time to grow so yea someday you will have dreads you can tie back..but it wont be today..
your hair needs time to grow and to dread
both take a good while
so start dreading let it grow and eventually you'll be tying them back.

ok so dreads and length
3 inches u can backcomb into 1-1 1/2 inch stubs
4-5 inches u can twist and rip into 2 inch dreads
6 inches u can go natural and they will slowly shrink as they slowly grow and you';;ll have 3-4 inch maybe even 5 inch dreads by time theyre dreaded
no matter what way u dread u will not see any real growth for 8 months more likely you'll see shrinking
then it grows..and grows..and whoops where did my toes go
it has to start somewhere to get way down there

see mine began at 2 inches naturally
then one day could tie it up (not back, like a fountains of dreads off the top) then lil later tie in back then knot it all up in a ball bigger then my head to keep em off the ground..
when i began i pictured myself growin em till they wore off from dragging on the ground and thats where they are now..
but u see..it wasnt instant..it took time

so what u pictures there waiting to be boen but u gotta start with babied raise them right and nurture them to maturity 1st
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
couldnt have said it better Evan Miller said:
Thank you for the replies.
Regardless of what they would look like now, I think you're right. I should start my journey soon. As my dreads grow so will I as a person. And as my dreads mature to what I envision for myself in the future so will my spirit.
Peace and blessings

soaringeagle said:
its long enough to dread sure but tie back once dreaded probably not but..you see yourself with dreads u can tie back ok lets examine that
if u see yourself with dreads u are looking into the future, when you dread it takes time to dread and time to grow so yea someday you will have dreads you can tie back..but it wont be today..
both take a good while

ok so dreads and length
6 inches u can go natural and they will slowly shrink as they slowly grow and you';;ll have 3-4 inch maybe even 5 inch dreads by time theyre dreaded
no matter what way u dread u will not see any real growth for 8 months more likely you'll see shrinking

then one day could tie it up (not back, like a fountains of dreads off the top) then lil later tie in back then knot it all up in a ball bigger then my head to keep em off the ground..
when i began i pictured myself growin em till they wore off from dragging on the ground and thats where they are now..

so what u pictures there waiting to be boen but u gotta start with babied raise them right and nurture them to maturity 1st

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
You got it. You deserve a pat on the back for that one. Evan Miller said:
Thank you for the replies.
Regardless of what they would look like now, I think you're right. I should start my journey soon. As my dreads grow so will I as a person. And as my dreads mature to what I envision for myself in the future so will my spirit.
Peace and blessings

soaringeagle said:
both take a good while

ok so dreads and length

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form