Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads coming together at the roots??

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
I find that my dreads are inter twined at the roots, I pull them apart, ripping them apart...is this something that I will have to do from time to time over the life of my dreads? Should I be using scissors for this or just ripping?peace
updated by @momma-has-dreads: 01/13/15 08:35:06PM
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
I will keep the scissors away from my dreads. Thanks for your input....will this be some thing I will be doing forever or just until they know where their going...I guess? Knottysleeves said:
It's totally normal for the roots to start growing together (or "congo"). Check your roots regularly -- once a week is usually enough -- and rip them apart as needed.

DO NOT USE SCISSORS NEAR YOUR ROOTS, EVER. The hairs go in so many different directions that one little snip can cause a major disaster.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just ripping yea u will have to do it for life but less over timeyou have hairse s criss crossing that when ripped will later join a dread or become a baby dreadas less hairs are criss crossed at the roots u can rip lessbut dont neglect to rip ytoo much or u can get accidental confgosi stopped ripping entirely for almost 2 years and in a couple months had some great conngos form as many as 6 thin dreads combined into 1 congoso u see even after 19 years (well guess 18 when i started that) just a couple months withoyt ripping resulted in alot of congosim actualy treally happy with my congos but u dont wanna let em get too thick and i wouldnt recomend congos untill theyre mature so u know if they'll thicken up more without congoing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok lil more info before mature id rip every dread weeklyonce mature id rip weekly but only the ones that really seem to need it trying to get to all dreads within a month or 2 no moreits easiest right after a washnow im on a rare rip schedule sincde i congoed so much and am alowing the thinner ones to still congo i just check the thick ones sometimes and might rip one or 2 every couple weeksi just dont want my thick congos any thicker so i check those more ofyen

--
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
Strange, my dreads seem incapable of congoing by themselves. I've been naturalizing them for 5 months now, but still i haven't needed to rip ONCE. Actually had to tie together two dreads that i'd like to congo here the other day.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
It depends for me... some of mine are always trying to eat each other, and others (like two very small ones right above my right ear) seem as if they hate each other. It takes me tying them together for them to even consider staying close to one another... moody dreads...sheesh.
Nicole Pietras
@nicole-pietras
13 years ago
1 posts
i've been having the same issue and ripping them apart only works for so long with my hair. it takes a matter of days before they get bad again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
how ld are yoirs u gotta rip alot more untill mature they get better

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form