Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

share your dreading mistakes so others might avoid the same dreadlock mistakes you made

dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts

i used also ocra for my dreads, i cut in big pieces cooked shortly, and was getting a slimy little green liquid from, have heard that this is quiet healthy for the dreads too, and also make that they are glue more together. I actually liked it, felt very natural, it dit not smelled after and no had also no green dreads lolthinny hair always a problem to get them dread, and also noticed that age is important too, as when you are getting older hair changesas i used to croch them, saw many different hairtypes, ooooo truly have to think now different after reading here
updated by @dani2: 07/22/15 11:21:47AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm ocra is totaly new to menever would have thought about that and never heard of itbut theres alot of natural choicessome use yucasome dye theyres with berries or wash with ackeemost natural home made products arent gonna hurt ya so i dunno i think ocra might not fit into the "mistakes" catagory but more an experimental thing..but i dunno for sureeither way..its interesting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
yes you are right :))for sure not a mistake to try outhave heard it from one who also is a herb natural woman who dreads is such long that she have to watch out that she does not step on it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i might try it some time

--
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
how can you say a "mistake" its not a mistake its just learning if you believe and take on what everyone on here says youll never have dreadlocks use wax/ dont use waxroot rub/ dont root rub pay special attention to your tips/ dont do your tipscackcomb/ go naturalto be honest no one can tell you what to do or give impressions on what to do with your dreadlocks if you wanna do it id suggest just do it if you dont wanna wait 5yrs for "natural" locks then fucken backcomb who cares what others think
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
hahahsa deffensive huh1 natural dreads dont take 5 years stop believing the liesmine took weeks at most2these are for people to explain what mistakes they made ..the things they did they felt were mistakes so others can hopefuly not make the same mistakesits called learning from eachotherisnt that what sites like this are for?hey i want info on dreads.. oh just do whatever u want it dont matter smear dog shit in your hair that will work.. come on are u seriousthe whole purpose is to avoid mistakes not encourage more mistakessuree in the end its theyre choice but it should be an educated choice based on the experiences of those who went through it shaun saunders said:
how can you say a "mistake" its not a mistake its just learning if you believe and take on what everyone on here says youll never have dreadlocks use wax/ dont use wax
root rub/ dont root rub pay special attention to your tips/ dont do your tips cackcomb/ go naturalto be honest no one can tell you what to do or give impressions on what to do with your dreadlocks if you wanna do it id suggest just do it if you dont wanna wait 5yrs for "natural" locks then fucken backcomb who cares what others think

--
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
wished one would have told me earlier, that croching is hurting, and yes i can tell this from my own dreads seeen, yes WISHED THAT I WOULD KNEW BEFORE, AND THANKFUL THAT I KNOW NOWi pity that dreads become a fashion, one side might easier to find a job, and acepted for walk around with dreads, that others can more easier fit you into a place,when i learned about the history (Rastafari) , they told me, that if you had dreads they shoot first and asked questions later seeenas it is to me no fashion i will not cut or change and will stil walk around proudly when only one is left on my head i do not care what others might say, as they only judge on the outside
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
cutting my dreads off in 2006 man my dreads would be so long now lol
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
hmm, a small uncommon mistake I made that I wish I didn't. I had very very curly hair, so after I originally back combed I had very thing, but very long curls that were at the ends of *most* of the tips of my hair still, so in my infallible wisdom, I decided to cut off very little of some parts of them,,well turns out months later the tips I didn't cut just got , well kinda crushed onto each other when I slept so that months later they just formed into pretty good dreads.the ones I cut took longer for the tips to form.
gr8fuldreadgrrl
@gr8fuldreadgrrl
15 years ago
4 posts
I've skimmed through some responses and decided to chime in...~My first locks where done in a salon, with a dread perm. NEVER NEVER fall for this. I lived in green bay, and someone told me this was a good idea, i musta been high to fall for it. Not only was it backcombed all to hell, they put perm rods in and perm it to stay. (might i add, i PAID for this.) Then i could not wash it for 3 months. I am surprised my hair did not fall out. Surprisingly i kept those locks for over a year.~Never hit a bong and let one fall in your face. It will torch all the way up. Like a sock. Stinks too.If you have done something really dumb to your young dreads, might as well just start over right away. You will be much happier in the long run.

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form