Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Something has foiled my plan.

Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
Yesterday I decided that I was going to start dreading sooner than I said I would, my best friend is gunna help etc.But today I was talking to one of the ONLY guys who i'm friends with that says im pretty.. and he says I wouldnt suit dreads.D= I have massive issues with how i look sadly =[ He said his oppinion didn't matter and that I can do what I want (which I can) but like... uuuhhh... 17 years of guys avoiding me and then one finally saying im pretty and that i have beautiful hair.... then i tell him about dreads and he's like nooooooooooo.So now I dont know what to do =[ its made me have a tiny second thought.How will I know if i suit them? I can't exactly take them down if I think they REALLY don't suit me.Dont get me wrong... i dont want them for looks. I want them for alot more reasons other than them being so coooooool.but uuuuggh. help? ^-^ did any of you guys have this problem?Ive got a weird head.. i think its more narrow at the top. tee hee XD
updated by @jessie-carr: 02/03/18 03:36:44PM
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
Thanks ^-^Im not worried that he wont like me anymore haha. I have a boyfriend anyway who thinks I should dread up =] But yeah...I was really shocked when the guy said I wouldnt suit them.. cuz he's really open minded and has crazy hair himself... Makarov said:
You're pretty and you have beautiful hair. Are you going to marry me now? No. Are you going to marry that guy? No. Dread it. Your hair will be ten times more beautiful because it will be you and if that guy thinks anything different then he is not worth your time. Good luck and I hope you make the right decision for yourself and not others. Your dreadlocks will look gorgeous like you. Boom.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what? your gorgouse!! absolutely beautiful and with dreadsa youd drive aloyya guys insane..but not all..some guys wont like em..who cares? many will lovbe em we will love em and theres no shortage of guys here in the singles group whop wouldnt sacrifice theyre favorite dread to have a shot with uhave confidence in yourself and ypur life choices being yiurself is the sexiest thing u can do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
Thanks everyone (I cant believe i've been worrying about this for like 3 hours when it only takes a few of you to turn me around)Im gunna dread up and show him that I can look good ^-^
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
but dont u care what he thinks when u dread uop you'll get someone more special all into u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
im 15 so i still go to school and im planning on gettin my dreads when school ends so i can get 2 months of vacation for them to tighten up a bit I'm also kinda liked worried that like they wont look good on me.also since ima a guy when i started growing my hair out i was like worried that ill look dumb while its growing and some girls and my family(cousins mom friends) say that i look better with short hair & i shud cut itsince i went thru the growing my hair stage feeling" uncomfortable" im ok with getting dreads and looking weird to people ate first so personally since i started growing my hair i would be "uncomfortable" but now ive changed & dont give a F what people think or say about me :)[sorry for using harsh letters.]so i no how it feels people tellin yu you wont look good but..... "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley (idk if the quote applies haha oh well? good quote)
Jenni Macnair
@jenni-macnair
14 years ago
21 posts
Hey Jessie, from the picture you have up i think u wud look ace with dreads. My sister keeps telling me t have second thoughts bout dreads (im a week in) even though she thinks they will/wud suit me. Who cares what others say if they are friends/family ther still going t love you so do the hell what you like. As for male attention its prob just as well, once you have dread confidence you'll make friends with the right kinda minded ppl! Plus you have a boyfriend so stop putting yourself down :) Newbie dreads all the way. Ps. Come join UK group!!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
don't worry about it, you're going to be beautiful no matter what you do, They grow on the people around you to as well anyway :)
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Dreads are sexy and you are beautiful. If dudes avoid you then you are probably just going for the wrong type. =o
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
theyll suit you for sure. youre a beautiful girl and youll have beautiful dreadies :) i was worried of what people thought about me wayyy too much before, but dreads cured me of that completely. i am who i am and nobody is gonna make me change that.
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form