Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnR Question

solarlove
@solarlove
4 years ago
9 posts

Hello!! I’m new here, and I just started TnR’ing my hair. It’s going pretty good but some of the first sections I have done are very loose and have some holes since I just started learning how to do the TnR method, and i made it more braided like so those parts became holes. Should I undo those dreads with loose holes, or should I just leave them be?

lopenator
@lopenator
4 years ago
75 posts
Leave them be. Eventually all if not most of them will come undone. Then they will tighten again by themselves. If you undo them you're basically starting from day just leave everything be.
solarlove
@solarlove
4 years ago
9 posts
@lopenator ok cool. Will just leave them alone. thanks for the response! I appreciate it!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,640 posts

thats as a result of not randomizing enough but its perfectly fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
4 years ago
54 posts

Hi there,

I started with TNR and they all came loose completely so I decided to just do a complete freeform, and wash & separate only. Will be 2 years on June 9th.  They have gone through many stages from the crazy squiggles to flat at which point I thought I was going to end up with flat dreads, to now round but the ends are clearly still forming because they're all squiggly still.  Needless to say they will come out but if you leave them be and wash and separate only you will end up one day looking in the mirror and suddenly you have these amazing dreads.  :D

if they come out that's ok just let them form you'll probably enjoy the stages because everyday is different and it's an adventure. Happy

solarlove
@solarlove
4 years ago
9 posts

@soaring-eagle yeah I’m just letting it be. Thanks for responding. I just uploaded some photos so you can take a look at them. I’m pretty happy with them! I love them and their messiness. @lunakat13 Wow 2 years! Love that! I don’t know about you but I love how squiggly dreads look. I’m all about the no maintenance look. I prefer it more than the overly neat look. But that’s just me. :)

updated by @solarlove: 03/29/20 12:02:44AM
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
4 years ago
54 posts

Hi There,  yes I do enjoy the squiggles too. They ae also much softer than when they are forced and crochet. They have started growing super fast and  they are at a very interesting stage. There are alot of loose hairs but then I also have loose sides because my sides were shaved when I started and I let them grow out. They seem to be taking longer than the rest to start knotting. Soon enough though same as the rest of my head. enjoy your journey.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,640 posts

god yes mean the manicured looks so harsh and the unmaintained so soft and organic

uniformity.jpg

this is how i look at it

unifomity is overrated

which environment would you rather live in the splendor of nature  or one of thiose all uniform develo0pments where every hoiuse looks the same?

for that matter why would you have pride in YOUR dreads when your dreads look exactly like everyone elses

i prefer the beauty of organic nature way more then uniformity

(had to search a folder on a drive with several thousand photos and it was one ofthe very last ones haha )

but was worth the search it clearly makes my point

uniformity is etremely overrated  and i don't understand why its preffered by anyone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 03/29/20 12:11:49PM
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
4 years ago
54 posts

Wow SE this is an awesome example. Perfect actually. Obviously I’ll take the waterfall or any woods for that matter.  Sadly there really are people who would take the Mc Mansion over the beautiful nature of woods, beach, ocean and waterfalls. They certainly are missing out. So are the ones who don’t patiently wait for their dreads to go through the stages. They won’t have that connection, they change them often cut them and treat them like another article of clothing or an accessory not a part of them.  I won’t knock them because everyone is different that’s what makes the world an interesting place. 

Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
4 years ago
91 posts

@ Soaringeagle  totally with you on the non-uniform look of nature, give me the woods anyday, or the moors, beach, marshes etc.

I would love to have my own woods to hideaway on especially with the current state the world is in, guess I'll make do with my little garden of sanity, which is far from uniform and not quite anarchy, but the birds and bees like it and me too. 

@lunakat13 I get people staring funny at my hair from afar and smile at them cos they need it; we are a funny olde species.  I find myself judging folks by their looks/tatoos/music taste etc,  then step back and kick my own ass for being so stupid, just take folks as they are, not as you think they are.(hope that makes sense) .  I see one or two lovely looking dreadheads and wander how they started dreadlife, were all different, like some animals too. 

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form