Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

5 months in. Got some locks, but still got a lot of unlocked hair.

DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Not been around for a while, but still growing my locks. It's been about 5 months or so since I started the natural journey. Not touched my hair with a towel since. I've been using the liquid shampoo and mostly the bars of soap. The liquid makes my hair fluffy, the soap doesn't.

Anyway, I've still got a lot of unlocked hair. But I have a lot of locks too. The back seems to have more locks. The sides have some too. The front has non. The locks are thin, but not wispy thin. They have some body to them. I separate them only when distant locks attach, otherwise I leave it.

Does this sound about right? When I google pictures I see people will full locks after 6 months. Oh, also my 11 year old son started the journey. He's been doing it for about 4 months and uses the soaps. He had long hair already but asked for locks. People at school have been calling him a girl because of his long hair but he wants to preserver.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

the liquids more helpful in locking

otherwise its perfectly fine 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jac50315
@jac50315
5 years ago
2 posts
My roots are so locked together I can get them apart and the bottoms won't lock up at all. I'm three months in. Is this normal? Any tips?
IMG_20191104_140208.jpg

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form