Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Been towel rubbing for almost 2 months. If I stop, will my hair continue to lock up?

DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Update:

0mLFn8z.png
0mLFn8z.png  •  276KB

DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

More clear pic with better camera

232.jpg
232.jpg  •  63KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

see

it'll look less like sideshow bob hair ya were just messing up o purpose and settle down and just start dreading

doesn't it look better after just 1  or was it 2 days without rubbing?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

see

it'll look less like sideshow bob hair ya were just messing up o purpose and settle down and just start dreading

doesn't it look better after just 1  or was it 2 days without rubbing?

Ha! My partner was calling me sideshow bob too. It does, it looks so much better.

DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

It's been a week since a towel has touched my head. I've washed twice in that time and let my hair dry completely natural. Already it looks so much better. I'll hold off on pics until a month or so has passed. I've got some 2 soaps arriving from your store which I'm looking forward to. I've also got a lot of locks that are much tighter than they was before.

Quick question though. Sometimes I feel dreads locking with other dreads. I'm ok with that provided they don't feel too fat for their length. I separate them if they don't feel right to me. What's a recommended thickness to avoid super fat dreads? I quite like the size of soaring eagles. They're spot on.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

1 inch max (at the roots) mine that  literaly are all sizes up to 1 inch

for most of their lives the average thicknes was pencil sized with 1 1 inch and 3 or 4  maybe 1/2-3/4  and the thinnest being 1 mm x 2 mm (barely) (coulda measured in microns for more accuracy) that 1 was actualy 3 ven thinner dreads congoed  and was 4 feet long when k found it

i stopped separating for the most part after this photo

rainbow08wyoming101113.jpg

theres a whole lotta dreads there alhugh some look thick  most are 1/3 or 1/4 inch

now i stopped separating right after this so where they started joining (as many as 6 joined as 1) is now to my waist

DSCN1597.JPG

hmm no hard to tell in this thought i had a better 1 hold\

on

DSCN4163.JPG

no better at all all the thick roots ar hidden  but the 1 hanging down there was pretty much average early on

well for more then 1/2 their lives

from waist down thats the average thicknes except for  maybe 3

--
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

I had to double glance because you got a squirrel sitting on your head! That's awesome. How did you manage to keep him there?

I can only dream to one day have dreads like that. I love that dread wrapped look too. Does it feel heavy on the head when wrapped like that?

Thanks for the advice :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

well it was at a rainbow gathering, the squirel ran up to a sister when shed just gotten there (she came straight from spring council to seed camp 1 of the 1st on the land)  it ran right up to her, up her leg  into her hand and stayed there, it was then loved on by a few hundred people,

DSCN1594.JPGDSCN1596.JPGDSCN1595.JPG

he just loved being around people

for an added treat since its in the same folder

dreadlocks from birth

DSCN1598.JPGDSCN1599.JPG

megalocks

--
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
5 years ago
81 posts
I love those dreads from birth <33 Amazing!!!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form