Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To comb or not to comb...

AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

If I added essential oil, only a couple of drops, to the salt water spray, would it negate the effects of the salt water on the hair? 

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

absolutely not if its truly essential oils and not fragrant or aromatherapy oils marketed as essential  oils misleadingly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

A9AE3D9625F84595AC5AB83AB223FC18.png I finally got around to taking a photo of the back of my hair LOL.

Do dreadlocks normally start on the bottom layer of hair? In this photo, you can’t see the knots right at the bottom but you can feel them a lot. All of those long, thin wavy-curls, they actually feel “knotty” to the touch, it’s just not visible yet.

I always thought the back was one of the quickest places to dread but it seems to be the slowest for my hair.

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.

updated by @aquaguy: 01/27/19 05:11:20PM
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
5 years ago
81 posts
AquaGuy:

...I thought my hair would knot up a lot quicker than it did because it’s naturally curly and very thick actually, turns out it prefers to mat rather than to dread LOL.

Mat Rather than Dread? MATTING IS DREADING!!! Your hair is still really short too, so the fact you're getting matts at all is pretty lucky imo. Took almost 4 years growth(from bald) for me to get my first knot :(
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
I say if you're going to brush, do it sooner than later! I brushed mine out after 18 months, it took 4 months of combing!! Don't wait. Freeform are much softer, I have to separate daily until my locks are beginning, then i can space a few days in between but until they mature i have to do it often... Just today i separated a Congo i hadn't realized was forming, out came apart fairly "easy" but I'm only 2.5 months into this set
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

Peaceful_Passer: I say if you're going to brush, do it sooner than later! I brushed mine out after 18 months, it took 4 months of combing!! Don't wait. Freeform are much softer, I have to separate daily until my locks are beginning, then i can space a few days in between but until they mature i have to do it often... Just today i separated a Congo i hadn't realized was forming, out came apart fairly "easy" but I'm only 2.5 months into this set
saw the email notice, without reading it i thought it was a new topic you posted cause YOU were thinking of combing

i was all ready to spank you, then sit you down for a good talkin to..  hehe

that would be a shame yours are gorgeous

--
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Lol!!!! Heck no, I gave my brush to my daughter, there's no going back lol!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

:) good :)

--
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
5 years ago
81 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

...Yours are gorgeous

AGREED!!! Your hair is growing beautifully @peaceful-passer
updated by @poopiepants: 05/26/19 10:03:37PM
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Thanks poopiepants... haha that screen name, very hard to say that seriously lol

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form