Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To comb or not to comb...

AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

I have been considering combing my hair recently, ridding it of all the knots and not yet fully-formed dreadlocks, but only to start over again using free form. I’m just hesitant about it. 

My hair at the side of my head (on one side) is literally just one matted mass of hair, and I imagine if I let it dreadlock it’d become a carpet dread because there is no way I can find to separate it into sections. It is at least 4 inches wide. It is the bottom layer of hair, there are mini dreadlocks forming on the layer of hair over it (if that makes sense?). 

Another problem is, there are no dreadlocks forming at the back of my head, except at the very bottom. Not sure why, I use salt water quite a bit.

Peace.

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
5 years ago
204 posts
Pics? How far along are you?

I've considered combing out and starting over just because i wish I'd freeformed. But then i consider just how long it would take, and how much time i already have invested and i talk myself out of it.😂
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

I’ve been freeforming for about 8 months, give or take a month. Like you, looking at how long it takes that’s why I can’t decide whether to just leave it. I thought my hair would knot up a lot quicker than it did because it’s naturally curly and very thick actually, turns out it prefers to mat rather than to dread LOL. It’s getting to the point where I have to pull most of them apart everyday now which is kind of irritating.

I don’t understand it though, because looking at yours and everyone else’s on here (freeform or just TnR) they kind of go all the way up the hair (if you know what I mean) but mine are all at the bottom, kind of at the base of my head but not at the top or anything, very, very weird. Kind of hard to describe. I’ve got a few photos but it’s difficult to take pictures of them at the back because unless I lift them up you can’t really tell they’re locs.

--

Choose love over hate.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
I really don't understand how often people awkwardly try to describe their hair when they could just post pictures.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

do you tie them up alot/? how longs it matting is dreading but if its not separated it can be huge matts  since you have to sparate so much its dreading  and fast but not evenly and i guessing ou wear them up alot

pics would heelp so much

but if anything only brush or comb out the 1 big fat matt and let it reform as 5 or more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

Here are some (terribly taken) photos.

I tried to take a photo of the matted part but you couldn’t really see it in the photo.

--

Choose love over hate.

updated by @aquaguy: 01/19/19 05:15:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

looks to be progressing fine but there are a cuple sections  that are  definately big  and to be concerned about..i would only bothr starting over the couple that are clearly going to cause trouble

--
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

88535DA245ED45589CD7823A9C4AF36A.jpeg

Some better photos. Just sprayed some salt water on them. They still look more like curls than anything though, I think. 

--

Choose love over hate.

updated by @aquaguy: 01/21/19 06:18:32PM
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 years ago
62 posts

920596A82E44496EAA552BE70AEB80A3.jpeg

--

Choose love over hate.

updated by @aquaguy: 01/21/19 06:17:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

well they do look like tat to a degree but yu can also still see it dreading

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus