Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

No touching?

Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

So I've heard you shouldn't touch your dreads too much...how important is that, really? I have always played with my hair, it's how I stimulate my mind and focus in on tasks, conversations, ect. Its a big reason I got dreads in fact! I like to roll them between my fingers, rearrange them, and move them around. I'm not rough with it but it does happen pretty much all day every day. 

What's the worst that could happen? Is it really that big of a deal if I mess around with my dreads lightly or do I need to find a new habit? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

it can slow or interfere inthe process is all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Kinda makes sense I suppose. Do you think it slows the process to the point that I should think about breaking the habit? I broke nail biting and cigarette smoking so I'm sure I can stop messing with my hair. What about mature locs? Could I mess around with my dreads when they lock up better or is it better just not to touch them at all? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yea when mature u can

some would wear a lil peice of cloth around their neck to play with instead

--
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Cool I'm going to do that or something like that. It's so hard not to play with them! They feel so cool, it's like really hard to describe the feeling of locked hair but I love the way they feel. I love sleeping on them, they are a little itchy but mostly soft and kinda bouncy I guess so they make a good pillow.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

only pillow i use

--
krysta814
@krysta814
6 years ago
6 posts
I’m the same with mine. I’ve been a bad skin picker my whole life and now I find that playing with my dreads is becoming more satisfying than picking my skin. I hope I’m not hurting them either but it sure is nice to not have bloody fingers all the time now 🤔
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form