Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Grey hair

goodbyebrush
@goodbyebrush
6 years ago
22 posts

Hmf.. I had a thought the other day: How do people end up with completely grey dreads?

I mean doesn't pigmented hair keep it's color pretty much indefinitely?

I can't wrap my head around how people end up with dreads that are grey from root to the very tip - do they cut off the old (colored) growth at some point? Did they start their dreads after all their hair went grey?

What's the deal here...?

What prompted this whole thing is that I'm starting to go grey a little bit.. Now I couldn't care less about aging, but for some reason it feels... I guess a little odd thinking about having half grey half colored dreads..

Anybody want to fill me in?

updated by @goodbyebrush: 07/29/18 04:42:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

ok my beard went grey young, heads only now showing hints of grey at 51

the color sems to simply go away in the entire hair. it is odd however that since you shed every hair every 7 years about  how they can get grey hairs way down where they were already shed

I suppose (@Panterra Carraway might know more) the pigments just fade 

now in dreads yur whole dread doesn't go gre.. only a few hairs then a few more  its kinda beautiful

starts with just a few strands zig zagging around  the black or brown  slowly becomes a golden color as grey and dark colors mix  then that becomes more greay as the rest turns grey

my head dreads have juswt a couple near my temples showing a lil greyness but overall all look dark brown still bwhile the new growth around my face is a lot more grey and I have a few lil baby dreads that are greyinsh intop

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form