Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

10 year dread product questions

Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
6 years ago
14 posts

Hi! So I have been growing my locks for 10 years now and have 10 fatties. What do you recommend for a good hair dryer? Even when I towel dry real good and blow dry them for like 2 hours with a regular hair dryer they are still damp for like 2 days!  So I don't know if I can manage to wash my dreads weekly like was suggested before because of the hassle, I work and am too busy to have a whole day just to dry my dreads every week. I almost always wear a tam to keep them clean, especially working, except when I sleep. I need to do a SUPER deep clean real bad since its been a long time honestly cant remember.  So do you recommend ordering the knot rot liquid, bar soap, regular liquid soap, and detox and use them All IN THE SAME wash to get rid of that brown mud crap in my fatter ones from the BS/acv rinses?? Should I use a whole bottle of knot rot, seems kinda expensive, how would you apply it, and how often would you recommend using it?? I want to order everything ASAP plus a microfiber towel to do a good wash soon and hopefully do it more regular.. Also detox that you mentioned is not listed on dreadlockshampoo, so how do I order it??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

use as much as you need to saturate them 

ese detox to deep clean 

other bar normally 

get a pro quality blow dryer with porcelain heating element

sallllys sells a hood that attaches to it to get top dry fast

hang over this if still damp at night

71butdFLIEL._SL1500_.jpg

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
6 years ago
14 posts

Cool! Do I use them all in the same wash though??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

use the rot knot 1st its not a shampoo its a treatment..then use whatever shampoo after

you don't need all 3 in 1 wash

the charcoal is something you can use rarely when you need a deep clean

since they have not been cleaned well the 1st wash do rot knot 1st saturate em leave it in at least 10 min..longer if u feel you need then use detox to get them really clean after that use the other shampoos 1-3 times a week..use detox again when you feel they need an extra deep cleanning

--
Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
6 years ago
14 posts

Awesome thanks!! I am going to give a wash whenever I can get the shampoo and stuff... I think I honestly will cut them soon though they are almost on the ground.. It just is not practical for me to have dreads this long. I absolutely hate washing my hair and having super wet dreads that take 2 days to dry, and having to blow dry is even worse. Having to dry dreads on a rack like that is completely ridiculous to me lol I feel like it holds me back from a lot of stuff such as rock climbing and have had some really dangerous experiences with them getting caught in the belay device etc.. I think they are beautiful and will definitely grow them out again if I cut them...If I cut them I will definitely have more than 10 lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

you only have 10 dreads no wonder you got a mold risk

that thick the core might never be dry nit even after a week

I didn't know yu had just 10 but ..comb them out (loose hair gets cught in belay lines more) they will be waste length abiut redread to mid back 

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form