Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2.5 months in and LOVING the journey - also, hat question!

dustin.franklyn
@dustinfranklyn
6 years ago
6 posts

Oh, and nooo wax. Thank god. I've heard the horror stories. 

Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
I know what you're talking about... the tiny latch hook. Sounds like you've been watching the Wired and Stoned videos! That's how she does her dreads. I crocheted a couple of mine a little bit, but everything I did kept coming undone anyway. Then SE mentioned the damage it can do, and if you peruse the site a bit you'll see the damage that crocheting them can do. I threw mine out. I'm even earlier in my journey than you are, but I'm embracing the frizz and waiting patiently on them to mature.😊
dustin.franklyn
@dustinfranklyn
6 years ago
6 posts

Bazooka Guru: I know what you're talking about... the tiny latch hook. Sounds like you've been watching the Wired and Stoned videos! That's how she does her dreads. I crocheted a couple of mine a little bit, but everything I did kept coming undone anyway. Then SE mentioned the damage it can do, and if you peruse the site a bit you'll see the damage that crocheting them can do. I threw mine out. I'm even earlier in my journey than you are, but I'm embracing the frizz and waiting patiently on them to mature.😊

Aahahah yes exactly! and you're totally right, I've since realized until you have nice strong ropey dreads, theres really no point in pulling in
loose hair because there just isn't that complex network of loops/knots for them to hold on to yet.
I think that makes sense lol. But yeah, I've also overcome the fretting of the birds nest of loose hairs that comes with young dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

ok.. probably not the best for your hair type but could have been worse too

you haven't done anything since the start right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

well those hooks and pulling in loose hairs create more loose hairs (by breaking them) 

yours look good  compared to most started in a salon  with a hook  but yea looks like you have  lil extra frizz from it but nothing to worry about

and heres the thing they never told ya.. the looser they are to start the faster they dread..

they gotta move around loop in on themselves and yes get a lil wild

if you looked closely at mine they have a soft fuzz covering every inch of them. but from just a foot away you only see dreads no frizzy fuzz (except on my scalp as i get older seems the greying parts around the hairline don't dread as easy) that you can see but its just part of a mane

i find the cleaner and softer they are te more fuzzy the actual lengths of them are but thats what gives them softness  often crocheted dreads are described as scratchy like steel wool (ll the hairs are pulled in but broken rough edges everywhere) and when squeezed have a squeaky feel 9(broken hairs grinding on eachother) instead of just firm sponginess

so really frizzy dreads are just cleaner dreads 

i d use the dreadlockshampoo.com liquid like 1 wash every few months and gets a dozen new baby dreads form (and have to separate all the rest so i don't congo any more then i have)  thats really the only time i ever have to separate anymore 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

I don't know if it's just like a Placebo type effect but I don't put anything on my head when I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning that is the itme of day where my dreads feel like they mave made the most progress. I think having them rub between your head and the pillow helps them to lock up quite a lot.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
@femalepheromomes same! I think they make the most progress at night. But unless someone can tell me that my daughter teething on my dreads will help them mature faster, I have to get them out the way part of the time.
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Ah I remember teething. I'm so glad I'm past it.

--
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
Teething is no fun for anyone involved. I thought my dealing with teething days were over, but you know, babies happen. 🙃 I keep reminding myself it doesn't last forever Haha.
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Thankfully. Not that children get much easier in general though.

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form