Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
6 years ago
64 posts

One of the reasons I decided to let my hair dread was because it'd probably give the appearance of having a thicker head of hair.

I try to keep my hands out of my head. I feel like if I play with them or touch them, loose hair will fall out and not end up dreading in.

For now I have to put up with his constant berating that I need to get them crocheted and that theyre going to look like crap and that it's not worth waiting so long for crappy dreads that probably won't look like dreads etc.  Yea, I grew up with my twin constantly looking down on me.

I split my first section today. It was really together. It was about almost 2x2 in section. It sounded like velcro ripping apart. I have a huge ripped blister on my hand now. I can't imagine what people who have fully formed dreads go through to split them.

I split it from the root. Now sure if that's okay or not.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I've heard the best time is when your hair is wet because they will come apart easier.

I wouldn't know personally though. When I combed my crochets out my hair thinned out a lot and I only have hair on the top of my head so none of my sections are big enough to need to separate.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

split while wet..and more often

in a couple years you'll be laughing at your twin as he starts his over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

in a couple years you'll be laughing at your twin as he starts his over

😂

--
6 years ago
64 posts

I feel like separating at this stage is keeping my hair from dreading in the front,top and sides. The back is doing amazing though. Should I keep away from separating the rest of my hair until some matting happens? It's been 3 months and no matting has happened at all.

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

I feel like separating at this stage is keeping my hair from dreading in the front,top and sides. The back is doing amazing though. Should I keep away from separating the rest of my hair until some matting happens? It's been 3 months and no matting has happened at all.

the less you touch them, the better it ist. So separate only when really needed as you say when matting.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

I'm at 2 and a half months and haven't separated mine once.

To be honest you're probably undoing the start of the dreading. Just leave them alone until you see some proper "dreads" start to form and then only separate the ones that seem too big.

Atleast that's what I intend to do.

--
6 years ago
64 posts

I guess I'll stick to just separating the back of my head for now. Those get pretty congoed. I'm not sure how many individual locs I can have wiht my hair type though. I hope to have as many as possible.

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form