Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

using cold water is really good! I use cold water for more than a year now and i don't have any issues with ichy skalp, dead or oily skin or buildup.

I start my wash with slightly warm water to wet my hair and then i turn on cold when rinsing carefully out the shampoo. I rinse kind of long (maybe 10 Minutes) to be sure that it got everything out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

i rinse a lot too :) 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
derduda
@derduda
6 years ago
2 posts
Ok
Thanks everyone
Especially soaring eagle, that was helpful & comforting
It's so easy, It's hard :)
Just to stop interfering
Still...
I'm rubbing my scalp a few times a day with rosemary oil to prevent my thinning temples from getting worse. Does that count as seperating? I think they usually start dreading more in the middle so it shouldn't make much of a difference?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

hmm dunno if it does haha but if you get a chance panterras posting a vid hopefully soon  on thinning you can talk to her bout options when she does

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

You should start a timeline and post some pics.

It's always good to see how different people's hair progresses.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
6 years ago
64 posts

I'm not sure if I'm just tricking myself, but I think I saw more of a change with my hair when I first wash it with hot water then rinse with cold. Shouldn't the case be that the hot water makes it rougher and then tangles it, then the cold water sets it? I'm sure I've read that on here somewhere. My hair isn't even close to being considered dreaded yet so I don't need to take as long as 10 min to rinse out. I just have to make sure that I actually have the water hit my entire head.

I do post my progress here weekly. Usually I take a picture on Fridays and try to post. I'm not sure if you can see it on my profile or new images in the gallery.

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/alter/gallery/gallery-images/all

6 years ago
64 posts

I'm kind of jealous because I started my dread journey before my twin brother, but he went and got his dreads done by crochet professionally. I'm a little jealous to see his nice evenly dreads starting to loop and show obviously progress as opposed to mine, but hopefully knowing that mine are natural and more than likely healthier will be that much more rewarding.

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

I'm kind of jealous because I started my dread journey before my twin brother, but he went and got his dreads done by crochet professionally. I'm a little jealous to see his nice evenly dreads starting to loop and show obviously progress as opposed to mine, but hopefully knowing that mine are natural and more than likely healthier will be that much more rewarding.

Yeah i think that is hard for you, but i bet this will change! Your dreads will take longer to form, but you will look very unique! I bet your brother might become jealous about your natural dreads one day because his look like everybody elses! I notice that since the day my hair looks like "dreaded" and not only messy. A lot of people with dreads (mostly crotcheted ones) turn around their head after passing me, and i think they notice that mine look different than most people's dreads over here. That is very interesting!

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Just had a quick look at your pics.

You're definitely making progress. I find it easier if you start to enjoy where your hair is now and just think of dreads as a far off end game. The first month I was thinking about my hair every day. The second month a bit less and now I'm about halfway into my third I hardly think about it (in terms of the progress) and just enjoy it for what it is.

A bit of a random mess but it's MY random mess and I like the uniqueness.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

i never intended to dread though i was tire of not having dreas i just thought about the cool beads in my hair  the dreas just sorta appeared ..i played with em a lot mindlessly while on the phone and stuff  but never thought about them till tey were long enough  to shake widly while watching feinds bands play

i dont tink i thought about even having dreads till someone said nice dreads

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form