Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My locs look exactly like fish hooks on the tips

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

palm rolling does nothing..although if they are going to loosen it will be from messing with them ..also while wet hairs more easily damaged and palm rolling can cause friction damage. most on ythis site have never palm rolled..i certainly haven't.. palm rolling might seem to help, but typicallyu the results only last a few hours or a day it has no long term effect other then possible harm

but yea you will find that washing is essential to dreading

between washing and sleeping those are the 2 times that most pof the dreading happens

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
how often should i wash ?
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
look up ayo bowels on google , how long until my hair can evem start looking like that ?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

wash a minimum of weekly 

max daily but  very very few do it daily  most wash at most every 2 days look up addelle wellington on yt (shes a featured member here too i think) she actually wrote the book on natural dread care washes hers daily and never uses oils or anything (afri8can american hair)  in general though since dreads dry slow, and in thick long  dreads they can be damp 12 hours or ,ore later  so if you wash so often they never dry it can be a mildew risk

so wash a minimum of weekly and a max depends on how long they take to dry...

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

and about 'how long will it take for my locks to look like __(insert anyone here)__'s dreads"  the answer is always..never

dreads will never look like anyone elses dreads, nor should they. they should always look unique

having said that and only peeked at 2 sec of 1 vid  they look nearly mature ..ish

so they will look about like that stage by 8 months ish

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
Im gonna put like 1 bead in each dread , i saw someone do that and there dreads seemed to lock up quicker and it helped the dread stay in place.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yes that's a good idea they definitely help 

in fact that's all i did to start was put a few beads in the back of my hair (only part long enough0 and it dreaded right up within a week or 2 ..not mature but that's how fast they formed good established dreads..beads are the only thing that are worthwhile to help but really don't do every 1 just decorate them with a few, you can always move them around

think of them as decorations that happen to help .. but the main purpose is to draw attention to the beauty that's already happening even in the  early wild stages..

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
You think the beads will fit on the tips ?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

they will fit wherever they decide to stick  if they are small that likely will be towards the tip

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
i have a beading tool , should i use it?

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form