Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My locs look exactly like fish hooks on the tips

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

nooo rubber bands cause a dozen serious problems ..including getting stuck inside them forever 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
i want to wash them but i feel like they are going to unravel since i just got them done. They feel greasy and i really wanna wash them but i dont have any shampoo for them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is best (bars for you0 they will and should loosen up some but washing is what makes them dread

plus you got whatever she used in the roots that needs to come out

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
I have a question. What would happen if i cut the tips off ?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

they would be shorter

and unravel and be the same just shorter

and shorter hair takes longer to dread

the roots andf tips are going to be loose for months and months

if you shorten them  you will just get the same amount of loose hair at the tips 

why does something so cool and  natural bother you so much when its perfectly normal and just a part of how dreads drtead

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
The tips arent loose , they just look like to much oil got on them and that caused them to curl
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

ah well  wash it out  you should be washing a min of weekly iof you wash regularly theres no need for oils  or anything

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
Ok im gonna wash it but with a little bit of water and im gonna keep it cold.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

colds best for dandruff and dry scalp but not removing oils oils are hydrophobic (repell water)  as such water will not remove oils effectively soaps have a molecular pole that breaks oils down  breaking that hydrophobic quality allowing the oils to be washed out

at the same time hot water reduces the viscosity (thickness)  making it easier to wash out

if your using onl;y water use it jhot at least the excess will  possibly rinse out 

or if you want to use cold (healthier option) a soaps nesacasry  to alow the water to even contact the oils a nd remove any at all  with hot the oils still are repelling the water but the oils thin out enough to  drip free even without actually making contact with the water

that answer might not be 100% accurate from a chjemistry perspective but generally that's  what you can expect if you try washing out oils with only cold water

you can  oil up your hands and try rinsing with cold water and wont get much poff..and that's your hands not the inside of dreads that try to hold in oils like a sponge

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
i washed a little with warm water and i continued to palm roll while they were wet and dry and only one came a little loose

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form