Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My locs look exactly like fish hooks on the tips

cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
The tips of my locs curl and i just really wish they didnt, is there a way to make them look more normal
updated by @cohenmilligan: 05/17/19 08:04:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

that is normal

especially since you just started. the tips and roots will be loose for many months

additionally  African textured hair almost always blunts to the tip, other hair types may, or may not. if they don't..celebrate! the loose tips let water run out the ends so they dry 5 times faster, which is still very slow, so  a 8-24 hour dry time can be ..well still damp in several days causing them to stink

if your worried about them being "normal' prepare yourself, cause long before they settle down into maturity comes the looping or budding stage

in straighter hair that can be insanely  wild (but beautiful) for instance some loops can look exactly like ॐ or a heart 

the wildness in the early stages is when they develop their individuality, their unique beauty.

guess the point is that ..you got dreadlocks now.. "normal" no longer applies

embrace the uniqueness

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

ps: how did you start them can you post some photos

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
The lady stiched the dread , she also teased it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

stitched it what do you mean with needle and thread. your biggest mistake was going to a lady in the 1st place (that sounds sexist haha but would say the same if you said the guy) salons and locticians are the worse mistake you can make so the more detailed you can be about exactly what was done (and provide pics) the better i can help

the title made me think you were bragging about how cool that was.. that's how much its not a problem

however what she did to them very much might be

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
i consider myself as a monster 😂
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

was any products used is there anything like bands or threads at the roots

if no wax or bands then your fine they look pretty normal for young dreads

dreads take time to mature they are not an instandt style 

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
No rubberbands but the roots are hard , the lady added shea butter when she was doing them then at the end she added oil to my hair. My roots are hard , it feels as if there are rubberbands in them but there arent.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yikes well she may have interlocked them or  crocheted them or who knows

they should be loose and comfortable but salons want your roots so tight its painful and you go bald (like i said going to her was a big mistake) 

wash them and see if the roots don't feel better 

obviously never go back

try to describe in detail exactly what she did if you can (but i will have to reply tonight or tomorrow)

--
cohenmilligan
@cohenmilligan
7 years ago
20 posts
Can i wrap them up in a rubberband ?
 / 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form