dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Beads beads beads? Oh my!

Doom56muffin
@doom56muffin
7 years ago
5 posts
Good God where so I begin?.........
OK had my locs since Jan 7 of this year. Had them taken Down and redone like 4months into my journey(as they where too big) so i decided to give freeforming a try I have a little over 200locs but my huge question is if its not too much trouble to ask I'd like to know what size beads should I use for my locs that'll fit perfectly? Now the ones in the back are much thicker and gets thinner as it gets too the front ... If anyone has any recommendations on any type of jewelry let me know. Yes I'm terrible at taking pictures but I'll try if more information is needed let me know.... Sooooooo thanks to anyone who reads/responses

20171011_214733.jpg
20171011_214733.jpg  •  1.5MB

updated by @doom56muffin: 02/06/18 05:00:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

with beads, i never measured (or bought any they were all gifts or trades) 

so i just tried the bead on dread after dread till i found 1 it fit on..and stuck

since you have 200 dreads of varying sizes you have many to choose from

so get a bead approximately the size of 1 of the thinner then average 1's then just try it oin dread after dread till it finds its home

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doom56muffin
@doom56muffin
7 years ago
5 posts
Mmkay thanks alot for the info guys

thanks awaseru *takes a bow* they look even better after I wakeup lol

Soaring eagle... How long were your locs when you started adding beads and stuff? I might just buy a few of different sizes and try them. Also not sure if you remember I was the kid constantly asking you questions about locs haha funny how time flys.

Also any idea of how these things will turn out? Are they going in the right direction? In the front My ends are loose will they blunt themselves?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

your hair type tends to always blunt themselves

actualy i had 4 or 5 inches of undreaded hair when i added beads  those beads started the 1st dreads super fast

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

and yea they are going in the right direction and will turn out great

--
Doom56muffin
@doom56muffin
7 years ago
5 posts
That's a crazy amount of loose hair, mmkay thanks for the reply
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

they were small extremely unique beads.. to this day still hasve never found anything like them

--
Doom56muffin
@doom56muffin
7 years ago
5 posts
Sounds like one of a kind... You wouldn't happen to still have them would you? How long ago was this?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

over 26 years ago and no they are long gone, along with dozens of others (and even a couple bells, yes i used to have musical dreads that jingle jangled everywhere i went)

--
Doom56muffin
@doom56muffin
7 years ago
5 posts
That's insane they sound really cool...seems like the beads and stuff that's out now is too generic or maybe I'm not looking hard enough. LOOOL dude that is uh-maze-zing who needs a cowbell hah
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form