section size wise  dime to nickel size is pretty medium quarters  kinda thick

but looks like you did a pretty decent job

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
70b4r 7h3 1337m31573r
@tobar
7 years ago
17 posts

pity she didnt go freeform, but still nice that it rly was her decision and she made it on her own

AB'sMom
@absmom
7 years ago
7 posts

The tnr didn't go well after our break. It's hard to explain, it just knotted up weird and we both got frusterated. So I just left her hair down for the rest the day/night to do its thing (tangle like crazy). Her hair tangles in thin tendrils so this morning I just split them up and messed with them a bit, mostly palm rolling, to try to encourage them to tangle up a bit more together and to discourage up the hair net like web that her hair likes to form. I think we're off to a good start. She is absolutely in love and is so proud of them. I'm just going to let them do their thing and just separate them every morning.

IMG_5317.JPG.jpg
IMG_5317.JPG.jpg  •  2.2MB

updated by @absmom: 02/06/17 06:10:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

what a pretty daughter you have and that hair! they look great

palm rolling is not recommended though  just separate as you have been, if anything add some beads

separate while wet the hair stretches before breaking and breaks more easily so its pain free (unless you wait way too long)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

is ab short for abby?

--
AB'sMom
@absmom
7 years ago
7 posts

Thanks, her name is Annabelle, when typing/texting I always abbreviate it to ab because it's rather long. I won't palm roll it anymore, just separate it after she showers. I offered to buy her beads, I even showed her some beautiful animal dread beads on etsy but as of right now she is against putting anything in them. I secretly hope she changes her mind about it though!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

buying beads isn't the same as finding being given or making beads that mean something to you all y beads were  given to me at rainbow gatherings  or were things i found and made into beads

a few i traded for at trade circke (at a rainbow gathering0 i don't think i ever bought a bead

if her best friend gives her 1 then that will mean something

or she may find  something  and decide to stick it in

--
AB'sMom
@absmom
7 years ago
7 posts

That makes sense, I'm sure over times she'll collect some. She's always getting little random things from her friends.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

start a timeline for her dread journey and update it as they progress in a few months if its ok id love to feature a photo

--
AB'sMom
@absmom
7 years ago
7 posts

Will do!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form