Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Sea Salt Soak Question

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

I was told on here to try doing weekly sea salt soaks before I wash my dreads, to help the roots. I was wondering how much sea salt I should put into the soak?  Advice? Could I also just substitute doing a soak for applying a spray? If so how much sea salt would I use in a spray vs a soak? I'm thinking a tablespoon could possibly be too much but I am wondering if anything less then that will be too little. Advice?

updated by @ravens-light: 08/18/16 11:05:17AM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
2 years ago
120 posts

you don't need a lot of sea salt for a spray bottle. I used maybe a coffee spoon sea salt for 100 ml of water? the more salty it is, the less time you should leave it on your head before washing...

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

Ok, thanks for the advice. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,526 posts

the correct salinity is 3.5%

so you have to convert values and determine 3.5% of the water volume

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

So to kind of try and counteract the possible conditioning effects from my current soap I had recently done a sea salt spray on my hair. Which leads me to wonder how often could I sea salt my roots to help with this, I was thinking about once a month or maybe  something like every 2 or 3 weeks be ok or is that too much?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,526 posts

depends on hair condition but weekly is fine as long as its not too dry

--

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

Ok, once a week ok even in winter?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,526 posts

depends how dry the hair gets

--

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

Ok, my hair hasn't really gotten too dry yet. I assume I'll be able to tell when I'll need to stop the sea salt spraying in the winter when it feels itchier than usual (due to the sea salt) correct?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,526 posts

ya or feeling dry or  brittle winter due to heaters it tends to dry out faster

--

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form