Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to dreads like this? (other questions)

TropicalAussieDread
@tropicalaussiedread
9 years ago
4 posts

Yeah man, if you want nice, long lasting dreadlocks then follow the advice everyone has given here. I know it may not be want you want to hear, but its true. REAL dreads make themselves. They're not something you can just ask a hair dresser for and acquire in a day. Even if you do, they will be temporary dreads at best.

It really is a journey, it's about a lot more than just the hair on your head. It's about more than what you see in the mirror, and what people will see when they look at you. It's about overcoming that vanity altogether and learning to accept yourself for who you really are, and being comfortable in your own skin. But sometimes having them done at a salon is part of the journey too, although it will most likely end up exactly the way the others have already said: youll end up hating them, cutting them off, and starting over new with an entirely different perspective, and you'll be happy to do it the natural organic way. Sometimes thats what it takes, you have to wear that facade for a while before you realize that its fake. Real dreadlocks dont lie.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

TropicalAussieDread:
Yeah man, if you want nice, long lasting dreadlocks then follow the advice everyone has given here. I know it may not be want you want to hear, but its true. REAL dreads make themselves. They're not something you can just ask a hair dresser for and acquire in a day. Even if you do, they will be temporary dreads at best.   It really is a journey, it's about a lot more than just the hair on your head. It's about more than what you see in the mirror, and what people will see when they look at you. It's about overcoming that vanity altogether and learning to accept yourself for who you really are, and being comfortable in your own skin. But sometimes having them done at a salon is part of the journey too, although it will most likely end up exactly the way the others have already said: youll end up hating them, cutting them off, and starting over new with an entirely different perspective, and you'll be happy to do it the natural organic way. Sometimes thats what it takes, you have to wear that facade for a while before you realize that its fake. Real dreadlocks dont lie.

after this post, i decided that we might need a like and rating on comments as well

this deserves a 5 star thumbs up ...u said it perfectly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form