Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to dreads like this? (other questions)

Kyle Bowen
@kyle-bowen
9 years ago
5 posts

Yeah no offence, not trying to look like that lmao. Have you ever been to a locitician or salon?

updated by @kyle-bowen: 07/23/15 12:11:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

hair dreads itself  a trained professional in doing somethingthat naturally happens is...a scam

do you hire a trained professional to make the wind blow or the rain fall 

do you hire a trained professional to makethe sun rise on time

how can a trained professional do a better job then what nature does itsswelf

and if yoiur dead set on starting them yourself all starting them does is defines the sectiioningand sizes ..thats it the rest is left to nature

a trained professiional tendstio make the sections 3-5 times larger then the dread becausethey plan ahead on ccausing thunning and balding

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

no way in hell id ever let 1 of those butchers near me

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

problem is u go to one once and ut takes years to recover if u dont end up starting over

--
sarah.bosley
@sarahbosley
9 years ago
7 posts

Hi there! Yeah, salons are a big waste of money and they come out looking pretty gross a lot of the time. The best thing for you to do (and what I did) was watch youtube videos on creating dreadlocks. There are tons of them, lots of different methods, easy enough for anyone to do. My advice to you would be to avoid wax because it causes your hair to feel nasty, and causes a truckload of problems with the actual dreading process and can even cause mold and mildew. Wash your hair a few times a week, because this helps your hair knot up and form tighter, more mature dreads. Don't crochet because it breaks hair and can (litereally) make your hair fall out.

Be prepared for bad hair days, there will be times when you look like a complete hot mess but it does pass. Then you'll miss those days because you'll realize you totally can rock the hot mess look. lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i believe that sarah is 1 that had gone to a salon then had to start over

--
sarah.bosley
@sarahbosley
9 years ago
7 posts

Nah I'm too broke to spend hundreds of dollars at a hair salon lol but I did start with TnR and started over from that.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

do you remember the 1 girl that spent 5,000 dolars at 3 diferent salons, they absolutely caked her hair in wax, crochetted the hell out of thenm....cut off the loops  then  felted on  synthetic hair twisted  till she was balding, interlocked.. basicly did everything ucould do wrong

and then from all the wax she had another 5,00 in medical bills due to infected breakouts  so multiple courses of antibiotics  and multiple surgeries

when she came here and removed the wax she cancled her already scheduled nexxt surgery cause her skin cleared up right away..

and after 2 years her hair dreaded more in 2 weeks then  in the enttire 2 years of salon abuse

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

I'll tell you a story, i was in the hospitol and 1 of the nurses came into my room and this is an exact quote... she says "wow, i love your dreads, you know why?  cause they are real! before i became a nurse i worked in a salon, they made us do dreads, but they never came out right, they were horible. they taught us the worse ways to do them, i felt so bad everytime i had to do them, so i quit and went into nursing instead. none of the dreads we ever dd looked 1/2 as good as yours"

that was coming from someone who worked in a salon doing dreads for a number of years.. and never felt right about doing them that way

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 12:11:05AM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form