Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Advice please - are my dreads forming too thick?

Natalie2
@natalie2
9 years ago
7 posts

Help me please ! I have these beauties forming and I love them but a friend has pointed out that they are rather thick and now i'm regretting allowing them to get this thick. I really would like lots of dreads... What are my options here?

updated by @natalie2: 02/19/15 09:00:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

if the base is  a good bit over an incyh then yes

i mean it can be ok but requireds alot more care  they are more mold prone

u can split them or comb them out combings the gentlerr way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Natalie2
@natalie2
9 years ago
7 posts

I don't understand entirely. Do you mean an inch in circumference or an inch in length of hair used which can be seen in middle photo?

Natalie2
@natalie2
9 years ago
7 posts

ok I think I understand what you mean. I didn't think combing them out was possible... Any advice on combing out my dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i mean if the base  where the  hairs connected to thge scalps bigger then an inch in circomference (doesnt mean round if its 1/2 x 1 1/4  or whatever its still under an inch  average thicknes)

biggest mistake many peoople make is wanting thick dreads they start off with 2 oreven 3 inch sections to form 1 inch thick baby dreads that then swell up to thicker then thier arms

--
The Undutchable
@the-undutchable
9 years ago
7 posts

Are the bases of your dreads about an inch in circumference SE? I like to end up with similar sized dreads. (Sorry for hi-jacking this thread)

updated by @the-undutchable: 02/19/15 08:09:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

the base shouldnt be much bigger then a quarther or 1/2 dollar atthevery largest

comb out by soaking inconditioners and combing brushing picking or using fingers even to work from the tips up slowly be as gentle asu can when u reach a spot thats too tight to budge soak it in more conditioners (or olive oil go for cheap cause u will use alot ) soak it overnight while u work on a diferent dread

its going to take some time

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

untouchable

only my thickest are an inch

when i started most were like pencil sized or  1 was weven 1 mm x 2 mm and that was 3 dreads combined lol

after 18 years i stopped seperating for 4 years  letting many get to 1 inch  with as many as 6 tips

nowi seperate  sometimes mostly the thicker ones

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

The Undutchable:
Are the bases of your dreads about an inch in circumference SE? I like to end up with similar sized dreads. (Sorry for hi-jacking this thread)

every dreads a drasticly diferent size

at 1st only 2  were even close toan inch 1 was an inch 1 3/4  maybe had 2-3  lil under 1/2 most wrre  1/4 or  so but that was alotta dreads to deal with so let them congo

now i have a dozen or more that are an inch at the roots  with up to 6 tips

so  do the math that was 1/6th inch average to begin

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/19/15 01:19:05PM
Natalie2
@natalie2
9 years ago
7 posts

Ok I'm gonna comb them out. Thanks for being there SE !!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form