dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sham Wow Towels

Dreadson MaLock
@dreadson-malock
9 years ago
10 posts

if they have these stores in your area, try Marshalls or TJ Maxx

should be able to find an inexspensive 5 footer there if they haven't all been snatched up already

updated by @dreadson-malock: 07/22/15 04:28:13PM
smackababy88
@smackababy88
9 years ago
5 posts

Im glad to have come across this. My dreads are about 8mo old and pretty frizzy and ive always felt my towel had to share some of the blame for the frizziness. I actually have a new shamwow sitting around so im totally gonna try to use it on my dreads my next washing and see if theres a decline in the frizz.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,639 posts

dont rub with towels if anything wrap around and squeeze

i just got a giant microfibre towl  like 60 inches by 44 inches  so can wrap allmy hair up in 1  squeeze it real goodthen unwrap anhd dry

itstherubbing with the towel thats goingto  undo progress and cause frizzines

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
smackababy88
@smackababy88
9 years ago
5 posts

Ive only wraped my dreads with the towel, never rub them with it. However, ive crochet them a few times so im sure thats what the frizziness comes from so ive given that up.  They look better after a crochet session but that only lasts for about a month. Its too short lived to be worth it. Ive got a good core going in all my dreads so ill let the frizzies lock on their own with time. Now I have the sham wow trick to try too and hopefully thatll help the process along.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,639 posts

ah that crochet recovery can take a really long time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form