Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oh No!! A Set-Back!!

Michelle D. Ransdell
@michelle-d-ransdell
10 years ago
38 posts

Okay thanks the link! Using a buff seems like a good idea, but the ones I saw are way out of my price range, unfortunately. I'm thinking about taking some old, very stretchy long-sleeved shirts and cutting the sleeves off and using them as buffs. I have really cool tie-dyed ones that would work!

updated by @michelle-d-ransdell: 07/22/15 04:16:29PM
Sting.Rey
@stingrey
10 years ago
42 posts
That's actually a fantastic idea, I have a couple of homemade ones myself as well that I use for doing chores around the house. I find that the older and more washed the T-shirt is the less lint it'll leave in your dreads. Use a tape measurer a few times to find the true circumference of your intended placement, it might be bigger then you think. For me it's from the beginning of my hair line on top of my forehead to the bottom of my nape. Make it just a bit smaller then your measurement as I found out with my first one that they will stretch. For me the sleeves are simply much to small and I had to use the body of the shirt to make them. Try hitting up the thrift stores for some light thin wool sweaters. Wool's texture really is the best for dreads, you'll notice them locking up tighter over time. I like the unfinished look on the back & only had one side hemmed & stitched up. Here's pic of one of mine.
Michelle D. Ransdell
@michelle-d-ransdell
10 years ago
38 posts

Awesome! I'm lucky enough to have a roommate who is talented with a sewing machine. ;)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form