Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing the hair

Timothy Jones
@timothy-jones
11 years ago
5 posts

I was at a Beauty Supply store, in my neighborhood and the girl working at the store said that you should wait for 30 days before you wash your hair. She said that a person, can take a hot towel with some shampoo and wipe the scalp out. I assume that it's to keep, from intefering with hair that is trying to dread. Has anyone ever heard of this before? I haven't tried it, but now I wash every 7 to 10 days. I wash in the kitchen sink, using very little water so I won't undo hair that is trying to dread. The shower has a lot of force, and I can't adjust the water force.

updated by @timothy-jones: 01/13/15 09:59:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

use the showwer wash youir hair i guess she had salon dreads they tell you not to wash for up to a year cause if thety loosen a lil you'll assume they didnt do it right

washing is what makes it dread dont be afraid to wash

people that wash every 2 days say it dreads faster then those who wash every 7

the cleaner the hair the faster it dreads as well as the washing is how it gets tangled u will see some loosening at points yes but each wash should also see progress

actualy rubbing with a towekl would undo more then 20 washes could

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Timothy Jones
@timothy-jones
11 years ago
5 posts

soaring eagle said:

use the showwer wash youir hair i guess she had salon dreads they tell you not to wash for up to a year cause if thety loosen a lil you'll assume they didnt do it right

washing is what makes it dread dont be afraid to wash

people that wash every 2 days say it dreads faster then those who wash every 7

the cleaner the hair the faster it dreads as well as the washing is how it gets tangled u will see some loosening at points yes but each wash should also see progress

actualy rubbing with a towekl would undo more then 20 washes could

Thanks, Actually she didn't have one dread on her head, maybe she worked at a Salon.

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

have you read the dreaduaction section of this site? If not you should. Couldnt have put it better soaringeagle :)

samantha faye frock
@samantha-f
11 years ago
28 posts
Wash your hair it will lock up faster the cleaner it is...who wouldn't wash their hair! Just grosses me out thinking about it...I wash my hair twice a week and its helped them lock up
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form